Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i tell my teacher like 80% of my set cheated on a french exam Watch

ReputationRep:
    (I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whowannadate)
    (I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?
    I would just leave it. It's their own problem if they can't be bothered revising.

ReputationRep:
    Snitches get stiches.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  5de.png
Views: 117
Size:  173.6 KB
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I do it.

ReputationRep:
    Sure if you want to be disliked by 80% of your set

ReputationRep:
    (I didnt cheat btw)

Thoughts ?
    No, don't do it.

It's a hassle for everybody including you and your teacher. Just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    You know what they do to grasses don't ya!?

ReputationRep:
    (I didnt cheat btw)

Thoughts ?
    You will create enemies by snitching. Keep quiet about it and move on with life. Forget it even happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Yep, I do it.
    Controversial
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to keep your nose out.

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't memorising French words and grammar the point of learning French?

ReputationRep:
    Wait until the REAL results day

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother telling anyone. Let them deal with any shortcomings in August. Personally, I think such cheating gives the individual, the illsuion they are doing well, when in actuality they could be on the verge of failing the subject. I have firsthand experience of this; last year in GCSE chemistry, I'll blatantly admit, I cheated, albeit on a class test. I still knew the subject would require a lot of work, especially as chemistry was my weakest subject, but a bad grade might have intimidated me into working harder.

ReputationRep:
    If its anything like IGCSE spanish there are 3 choices for the essay (one of which always being about; holidays, technology, home/neighbourhood, relationships or school)
    Meaning you can prepare and learn a couple model scentences for each to throw into whichever essay options come up.
    So your classmates have probably done something similar - learnt model scentenes for a topic, which will help them in the long term tbh

They've cheated themselves, but it's not really your place to snitch if I'm honest

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=POTUS55;69557170]Wait until the REAL results day[/QUOTE
    That's sooo true, you clearly understand the value of hardly work but they will probably realise way to late 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    No tf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JooW)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't memorising French words and grammar the point of learning French?
    they memorised a b c d P N P/N
    they didn't learn any french

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koala789)
    If its anything like IGCSE spanish there are 3 choices for the essay (one of which always being about; holidays, technology, home/neighbourhood, relationships or school)
    Meaning you can prepare and learn a couple model scentences for each to throw into whichever essay options come up.
    So your classmates have probably done something similar - learnt model scentenes for a topic, which will help them in the long term tbh

They've cheated themselves, but it's not really your place to snitch if I'm honest
    we've done the writing component already and this was a comprehension test

ReputationRep:
    they memorised a b c d P N P/N
    they didn't learn any french
    do you have any proof that they cheated?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.