The Student Room Group

Should i tell my teacher like 80% of my set cheated on a french exam

(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by whowannadate
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

I would just leave it. It's their own problem if they can't be bothered revising.
Snitches get stiches.
Reply 3
5de.png
Yep, I do it.
Sure if you want to be disliked by 80% of your set :h:
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thoughts ?

No, don't do it.

It's a hassle for everybody including you and your teacher. Just leave it.
You know what they do to grasses don't ya!?
Reply 8
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thoughts ?

You will create enemies by snitching. Keep quiet about it and move on with life. Forget it even happened.
Reply 9
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yep, I do it.

Controversial
Probably best to keep your nose out.
Reply 11
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't memorising French words and grammar the point of learning French?
Reply 12
Wait until the REAL results day
Don't bother telling anyone. Let them deal with any shortcomings in August. Personally, I think such cheating gives the individual, the illsuion they are doing well, when in actuality they could be on the verge of failing the subject. I have firsthand experience of this; last year in GCSE chemistry, I'll blatantly admit, I cheated, albeit on a class test. I still knew the subject would require a lot of work, especially as chemistry was my weakest subject, but a bad grade might have intimidated me into working harder.
If its anything like IGCSE spanish there are 3 choices for the essay (one of which always being about; holidays, technology, home/neighbourhood, relationships or school)
Meaning you can prepare and learn a couple model scentences for each to throw into whichever essay options come up.
So your classmates have probably done something similar - learnt model scentenes for a topic, which will help them in the long term tbh

They've cheated themselves, but it's not really your place to snitch if I'm honest
[QUOTE="POTUS55;69557170"]Wait until the REAL results day[/QUOTE
That's sooo true, you clearly understand the value of hardly work but they will probably realise way to late 😂😂😂
No tf
Original post by JooW
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't memorising French words and grammar the point of learning French?

they memorised a b c d P N P/N
they didn't learn any french
Original post by koala789
If its anything like IGCSE spanish there are 3 choices for the essay (one of which always being about; holidays, technology, home/neighbourhood, relationships or school)
Meaning you can prepare and learn a couple model scentences for each to throw into whichever essay options come up.
So your classmates have probably done something similar - learnt model scentenes for a topic, which will help them in the long term tbh

They've cheated themselves, but it's not really your place to snitch if I'm honest

we've done the writing component already and this was a comprehension test
they memorised a b c d P N P/N
they didn't learn any french

do you have any proof that they cheated?

Quick Reply

Latest