Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have my exams in the summer of 2017. Any tips on how to revise and how many hours a day. Is 1hr and 30min good on weekdays or 2 hours (starting On Monday). And 4-5 hours on Weekends and that will increase to 5-6 hours , the closer i get to exam season. I'm quite smart i think but if i revise i know hopefully i can do better.

I'm probably lacking mathematics because of the new style of questions but overall im good. Also English Literature is a big problem. I'm doing AQA. Any tips? Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cri7R)
    Hello, I have my exams in the summer of 2017. Any tips on how to revise and how many hours a day. Is 1hr and 30min good on weekdays or 2 hours (starting On Monday). And 4-5 hours on Weekends and that will increase to 5-6 hours , the closer i get to exam season. I'm quite smart i think but if i revise i know hopefully i can do better.

I'm probably lacking mathematics because of the new style of questions but overall im good. Also English Literature is a big problem. I'm doing AQA. Any tips? Please
    What texts are you doing for english lit? I have notes for Silas Marner, Merchant of Venice, and A View From the Bridge, which I could send you if you're studying any of them?

Also, is that 2hrs on top of normal work, or are your teachers now setting revision as homework?

It depends on how much you have done. i.e. if you have no notes or anyhting yet, you should be putting in alot more hours
    My goal is to have all my new notes 100% organised for every subject + convert my notes into exam style qustions for every subject (100s of questions per subject) finished by february half term.
    That means I'm putting in 1hr of somewhat passive revision every day (3hrs/day on weekends) up untill then, ontop of homework.
    This means that after feberuaury half term, I can choose a subject or two each night to quiz myself with 20 questions or something, (or half an hour of memrise for languages vocab) + practice papers, and I wont be stressed atall and with plenty of time before May

ReputationRep:
    Um, I'm doing The sign of Four, An inspector calls and Macbeth.
    On the poetry side, i'm doing Power and conflict.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also planning to start on Monday but I would advise you do at least 3 hours per week day . What are you plans for next year ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LunarExlipse;69557830]I'm also planning to start on Monday but I would advise you do at least 3 hours per week day . What are you plans for next year ???

My plans are to go to sixth form and do Biology and probably mathematics. Depends on my grades.

3 hours a day is kinda hard considering, i do a sport and need about 2 hours after school to run and Train. Also i have to wake up at 6am. To be honest, i think i will just get up at 5am and revise for 1 hour.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.