Turn on thread page Beta

Recommended books for first year Law watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can find a required book list for a first year law degree?

Thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You should be able to find it under recommended reading/further reading/indicative reading on your degree's page or on a module's profile (which you can access by clicking on the module's code).

For example, Exeter's first year Criminal Law module shows a few recommended books.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't any unfortunately (or I can't find them!).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Have you thought about a particular university? If yes, I can go check their sites too I only know about Exeter (which displays reading lists for every single one of their modules) since that is where I want to go. It was quite difficult to find the reading lists, so it may take more than one try to find them. Not all universities have reading lists, though.

ReputationRep:
    University of Central Lancashire and Lancaster University, I can't find anything anywhere haha!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rebeccabyrne91)
    University of Central Lancashire and Lancaster University, I can't find anything anywhere haha!
    So, I took a glance at their sites and I do not seem to be able to find anything for these two, sorry

I did find one for Cambridge and Exeter (click on the module code) and universities tend to share a lot of preferred books, so starting from there could help if you just want to learn about law.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I appreciate you looking for me

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.