Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm depressed and need help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically for the past few months I have been feeling awful I have been at my lowest point in life.

Every time I sit down to revise I can't I just feel so much pressure and start to get a headache, I always cry when I think of my future and just feel this endless emptyness and pain. I feel like I'm a disappointment to nh parents like I'm all alone and a failure.

Based on this I think I'm suffering from depression and would like to claim extenuating circumstances and honesty dont want to go back to uni right now. but would the uni accept depression as extenuating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    God that sucks so bad, I relate. I really cannot recommend anything aside from going to the doctors. Depression is a really horrible thing and if it's stopping you from wanting to do things, that can deteriorate things really badly and before you know it your grades are gone. I'm not meaning to scare you but I really do think that the earlier you see someone the easier it is to get back to where you were.
    Much love to you and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yupitsme)
    So basically for the past few months I have been feeling awful I have been at my lowest point in life.

Every time I sit down to revise I can't I just feel so much pressure and start to get a headache, I always cry when I think of my future and just feel this endless emptyness and pain. I feel like I'm a disappointment to nh parents like I'm all alone and a failure.

Based on this I think I'm suffering from depression and would like to claim extenuating circumstances and honesty dont want to go back to uni right now. but would the uni accept depression as extenuating circumstances?
    Why are you depressed? Because of the pressure? I think you also have low self esteem, low self importance, like your irrelevant, like nothings important. Well I did. I suggest that there is a deep voice right at the back of your head that does tell you that your matter and that your important. Like when you were a kid, you had feelings right. You gotta get your feelings back.
    If you read through my old threads, I posted a thread about depression, you can check it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeletonclique21)
    God that sucks so bad, I relate. I really cannot recommend anything aside from going to the doctors. Depression is a really horrible thing and if it's stopping you from wanting to do things, that can deteriorate things really badly and before you know it your grades are gone. I'm not meaning to scare you but I really do think that the earlier you see someone the easier it is to get back to where you were.
    Much love to you and good luck
    I'm glad someone understands, honestly I feel as if I'm just spiralling downwards and I just don't seem to know how I can recover and go back to doing work or doing things I enjoy again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Why are you depressed? Because of the pressure? I think you also have low self esteem, low self importance, like your irrelevant, like nothings important. Well I did. I suggest that there is a deep voice right at the back of your head that does tell you that your matter and that your important. Like when you were a kid, you had feelings right. You gotta get your feelings back.
    If you read through my old threads, I posted a thread about depression, you can check it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly how I feel, I've always thought I wouldn't get anywhere but know that though has just taken over my life

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly how I feel, I've always thought I wouldn't get anywhere but know that though has just taken over my life
    Read my thread about it, look at my old threads

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad someone understands, honestly I feel as if I'm just spiralling downwards and I just don't seem to know how I can recover and go back to doing work or doing things I enjoy again
    Honestly, I'm still looking for the answer. Right now I'm sat opposite my french book with overdue coursework and if I can do well on this I can get the grades I want for the college I want. I'm/ I was a straight a student but lately things have just gone really downhill and I haven't even looked at the book. it's been lying there for two days and I need this done for Friday. It's getting to the point where deadlines don't scare me anymore.

Think about it; why do you do all of this stuff? Because you have to?

Maybe you should try and just do it for yourself. I don't know how good this is but honestly, I'm still trying to figure this out. My inbox is always open <3

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.