English Literature AQA :Elements of Crime Writing

Watch
shania99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone, seeing as this is a new specification, I was wondering whether anybody has any essay questions from the crime writing paper which they may want to share? Also, I have been struggling too structure my essays to achieve the top band of marks, so would be incredibly grateful if anybody has a top mark style essay which they have written for any of the questions on the three hour paper? Any help would be much appreciated, as I am desperate for a top grade.
shania99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
PS. If anybody else is in need of practice essay questions, the following were in my mock exam paper:
SECTION B
The Rime of The Ancient Mariner
"There is a moral purpose and restoration of order at the heart of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Atonement
"In Atonement McEwan creates a sense of resolution by the end of the novel and crimes have been punished"

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
"Poirot is a seeker of justice rather than a representative of the law"

SECTION C
"Suspense and mystery are key elements that are essential to the crime genre"
Explore the significance of suspense and mystery as they are presented in the two crime texts you have studied.

"The success of a piece of crime writing can be measured by the credibility of the villain"
Explore the significance of the ways villains are presented in the two texts you have studied.
jaspeng
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone studying Katie Atkinson's When Will There Be Good News? It's such a simple book that I'm actually struggling to revise for it. All I have at the minute is that she subverts the crime genre.
Itssheedah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jaspeng)
Is anyone studying Katie Atkinson's When Will There Be Good News? It's such a simple book that I'm actually struggling to revise for it. All I have at the minute is that she subverts the crime genre.
There's loads! Think about Atkinsons use of detectives, Louise, Reggie & Jackson and the way she protrays them. Also the use of coincidences and the interconnected stories. The focus on murders and victims.

If you haven't seen AQA's text overview for Good News take a look at the link x

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...7-TO-GNEWS.PDF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed