Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Assad Recruiting 50-YEAR-OLDS In Desperation Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...guered-syrian/

I think we're seeing the last days of this murderous tyrant.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli officials said he was weeks away from being toppled in 2011, keep dreaming. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e22de49c210e

“Basically, it’s inevitable,” Barak said in a telephone interview before flying Wednesday to Washington for meetings with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and other administration officials.

“It might take many weeks,” Barak added, “but it’s not a matter of months or years.”
    Over 5 years later and the "rebels" are MIA or holding Al-Qeada rallies in Idlib, and the 4 biggest Syrian cities are in Government hands. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If Islamic State are using child soldiers what does that say about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    If Islamic State are using child soldiers what does that say about them?
    It shows how terrible Shia Muslims are for making ISIS use child soldiers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    It shows how terrible Shia Muslims are for making ISIS use child soldiers.
    I really hope that in Saudi Arabia, they have their own version of 4Chan which has cartoons of Khomeini rubbing his hands together over a little bag of gold boasting about how he's forcing all the Sunni women to learn to read.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that in Saudi Arabia, they have their own version of 4Chan which has cartoons of Khomeini rubbing his hands together over a little bag of gold boasting about how he's forcing all the Sunni women to learn to read.
    Something I have seen a lot from Arabs on Twitter is the idea that Iran and Israel are actually secret allies, just putting on this front of hating each other as part of some grand plan against Sunni Arabs...

ReputationRep:
    Something I have seen a lot from Arabs on Twitter is the idea that Iran and Israel are actually secret allies, just putting on this front of hating each other as part of some grand plan against Sunni Arabs...
    I love how the global Shia-Zionist conspiracy is so complex that it can be altered to fit around whatever evidence there is to suggest it's not real. It's almost as if these people have absolutely no concept of Occam's Razor and that their worldview doesn't even need to be based on empirical evidence or rationalism, I think they could be idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli officials said he was weeks away from being toppled in 2011, keep dreaming. :lol:

Over 5 years later and the "rebels" are MIA or holding Al-Qeada rallies in Idlib, and the 4 biggest Syrian cities are in Government hands. :cool:
    Why are you holding Israeli officials' words to such high regard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawarma King)
    He's probably a part of the conspiracy, these Zionists are everywhere I can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is mostly full of how the Syrian revolution is a Zionist conspiracy. But when you ask them why Israel would want Bashar out, nobody has any answers. Assad is perfect for Israel, an obedient dog who shows no opposition to them even when they targeted his weapons several times, or for the Golan Heights, which Israel has peacefully occupied for decades (with the help of Hafez before him).

ReputationRep:
    He's probably a part of the conspiracy, these Zionists are everywhere I can tell you.
    Cheeky.

Israel, to their credit, have nothing to do with the Syrian people wanting this dictator out.

Anybody else in power, anybody else, would show some kind of resistance to Israel which is why it is in the Zionist interest to keep Assad in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawarma King)
    You post on TSR for the first time in around 18 months and you come to a thread about 50 year old men?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Didn't KSA say they'd allow Israel to use their airspace to attack Iran? :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

Interesting, but it cant be that bad for Assad otherwise the Russians wouldnt be withdrawing. If its that bad for Assad, then think how much worse it is for IS and the rebels (exc kurds).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Didn't KSA say they'd allow Israel to use their airspace to attack Iran? :lol:
    It was leaked that King Abdullah asked the U.S. to "cut the head off the snake" by bombing Iran, and Israel/KSA seem to have decent relations behind the scenes, so it's possible that KSA would have allowed Israel to use their airspace to bomb Iran back in 2012 when that seemed a possibility.

The problem is KSA's Shia minority in the East, they know that if they did that Iran would try to foster some riots etc and Iran have the largest inventory of ballistic missiles in the region, especially short range ones stationed in the Persian Gulf, supposedly ready to strike KSA oil fields/the U.S. Fifth Fleet and attempt to close the Strait of Hormuz (where something like 20% of all oil passes through) in the event of an Israeli strike.

But KSA are pretty tragic militarily, they're the largest importers of military equipment in the world yet can barely fly the jets they're getting, the Houthis have managed to take control of military bases inside KSA :rofl:

ReputationRep:

It's different now. Assad doesn't rule Syria, Iran and Russia do. He is nothing more than a puppet. And as soon as he is no longer necessary, they will push him aside and plant someone else in charge of the country. Remember, Assad's regime was crumbling until Iran flooded the country with Shiite terrorists and Russia began bombing the rebels.

It's unlikely he has the manpower to take back the entire country. Eastern Syria will remain ISIS territory for some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...guered-syrian/

I think we're seeing the last days of this murderous tyrant.
    I hope Assad wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I hope Assad wins.
    He can't really "win", because even if he defeats the rebels he's a puppet of Russia and Iran, so he'll end up with far less power after the war then before it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    He can't really "win", because even if he defeats the rebels he's a puppet of Russia and Iran, so he'll end up with far less power after the war then before it.
    I don't mind Syria being a Russian puppet state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I don't mind Syria being a Russian puppet state.
    So you'll be happy with Hezbollah and Russian nukes being pointed in the direction of Southern Europe then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.