The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Interior Design Group Interview at Falmouth!!!

Could someone please tell me what their group interview was like at Falmouth University?! Even if your experience wasn't specific to interior design

I have an interview next week and on their website it says that there will be 20 other students there, will I have to show my work in front of all 20 people? I'm really freaking out
I've applied for Interior Design too! My interview is in February though... but I believe you go through your portfolios separately. I presume you'll be in a group for the tour around campus and that's why there is a group of 20?
Hope this helps! and good luck xxx
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by CharlotteA99
I've applied for Interior Design too! My interview is in February though... but I believe you go through your portfolios separately. I presume you'll be in a group for the tour around campus and that's why there is a group of 20?
Hope this helps! and good luck xxx

That sounds much better! It would be so much easier if I knew what it was gonna be like haha, but really I hope you're right! Good luck for yours too :smile: xx
Anybody know where we're meant to turn up on the day? I cant log into my falmouth portal and i emailed them but they didnt say, I know as a illustration applicant im meant to turn up to the falmouth campus but i have no idea were to head when i get there! my interview is in 2 days :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Boopidoop
Anybody know where we're meant to turn up on the day? I cant log into my falmouth portal and i emailed them but they didnt say, I know as a illustration applicant im meant to turn up to the falmouth campus but i have no idea were to head when i get there! my interview is in 2 days :frown:

They didn't say where I needed to go for mine either. Have you been to an open day? I'm just going to go to the big dinner hall type room (i don't know what it's called) where all of the student ambassadors from each course came and collected us on the open day and see what happens from there. On the open day that room was sign posted the whole way from the car park that I parked at, so I'm hoping they're doing something like that again.
Reply 5
Just going to write this here to help anyone for the future. My interior design interview consisted of 16 other applicants all together and the lecturers split us into two groups.

In our groups we sat around a table with our portfolios and were one at a time asked to talk about our favourite piece of work and our least favourite. We then went on to show our whole portfolios.
They might not do it the same each time, but this was how it was for my group.

I probably worried about mine way too much, it was honestly really relaxed. I didn't even worry when I came to talking about my portfolio because I knew everyone else was too busy concentrating on what they were going to say for theirs.
Original post by Arcadia05
They didn't say where I needed to go for mine either. Have you been to an open day? I'm just going to go to the big dinner hall type room (i don't know what it's called) where all of the student ambassadors from each course came and collected us on the open day and see what happens from there. On the open day that room was sign posted the whole way from the car park that I parked at, so I'm hoping they're doing something like that again.

for those who wanted to know, if your interview is Falmouth campus got to the cafe, if you don't know go to the reception and they'll help :smile:
Just going to write this here to help anyone for the future. My interior design interview consisted of 16 other applicants all together and the lecturers split us into two groups.

In our groups we sat around a table with our portfolios and were one at a time asked to talk about our favourite piece of work and our least favourite. We then went on to show our whole portfolios.
They might not do it the same each time, but this was how it was for my group.

I probably worried about mine way too much, it was honestly really relaxed. I didn't even worry when I came to talking about my portfolio because I knew everyone else was too busy concentrating on what they were going to say for theirs.

Oh I never expected that... thanks for sharing! Did you have to go through your Sketchbooks as well? and did you write a 1000 word essay? xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by CharlotteA99
Oh I never expected that... thanks for sharing! Did you have to go through your Sketchbooks as well? xx

Yeah we did, some people bought just their sketchbooks some people had all their work in a portfolio he didn't mind, he looked through everyone's work. xx
Yeah we did, some people bought just their sketchbooks some people had all their work in a portfolio he didn't mind, he looked through everyone's work. xx

Oh that's not so bad! I feel a lot better now :') xx

Quick Reply

Latest