Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    For what it's worth, I want everyone to be in the party they want to be in. Defectors are welcome, but if anyone who has claimed to want to join changes their mind that's fine with me too. It's not a huge deal - I would rather everyone was just clear about their intentions.

Let's all try to remain friends :borat:
    There's something I can agree with. Thanks BH.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Don't be like this. I want drama.

Guys, ByronicHero just PMed that his ultimate goal is to destroy the Conservatives and keep the diamonds that are the libertarian conservatives (not bragging, it's the truth) for his party.
    And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    x
    Just stop, honestly, it's embarrassing. I suggest you take on ByronicHero's advice. If you can be nice to me, like you have been, be nice to the rest of your ex party. We welcomed you in with open arms, you left because you found somewhere that suits your views more, and hey, that's fine. Just don't ****ing diss the party that you enjoyed being in, even for a short time. It's not much to ask, alright?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, I want everyone to be in the party they want to be in. Defectors are welcome, but if anyone who has claimed to want to join changes their mind that's fine with me too. It's not a huge deal - I would rather everyone was just clear about their intentions.

Let's all try to remain friends :borat:
    I agree, which is why I gave all the people thinking about joining you the opportunity to, providing they didn't retain Liberal membership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Liberals out in force to denounce defectors... talk about deja vu. :rofl:

It appears Titan has given us contradictory information then.
    He has a reputation for doing that. In his PMs he says one thing, then denies it in public. Do what I did - call him out, post screenshots!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)

He has a reputation for doing that. In his PMs he says one thing, then denies it in public. Do what I did - call him out, post screenshots!
    I don't think we denounced you for defecting, just for being you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I agree, which is why I gave all the people thinking about joining you the opportunity to, providing they didn't retain Liberal membership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure, though you could also have been more forthcoming. You set the tone for this kind of split when you didn't announce you were revoking your offer of dual memberships, but instead individually contacted people telling them it was the case. You little bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Just stop, honestly, it's embarrassing. I suggest you take on ByronicHero's advice. If you can be nice to me, like you have been, be nice to the rest of your ex party. We welcomed you in with open arms, you left because you found somewhere that suits your views more, and hey, that's fine. Just don't ****ing diss the party that you enjoyed being in, even for a short time. It's not much to ask, alright?
    Alright, fine. I've perhaps made a few errors of judgement, I think I've made clear though that I admired Petros' work as leader and thought that he did a brilliant job, I also liked the general demeanour of the members and thought everyone was nice enough, I was just being silly getting involved with the liberal bashing and I do apologise for it, I'd like to point out that I wasn't alone in that though.

Let's just draw a clean slate now and be civil about it, I agree with ByronicHero's stance definitely.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Sure, though you could also have been more forthcoming. You set the tone for this kind of split when you didn't announce you were revoking your offer of dual memberships, but instead individually contacted people telling them it was the case. You little bugger
    I don't recall ever making an offer for dual memberships. I know I wouldn't have done because it's not in my interests 😂

I sent them all the same message. I gave them all the opportunity. Connor and Gladstone took it and that's fine. The rest I expect will stay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)

I'm not doing that in case he's legitimately changed his mind and chosen to stay; I'm also a firm believer in private messages staying private. The fact that you do not support this speaks volumes about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Actually don't mind most of it
    im not sure but if u want firearms then u instantly lose a vote here
    and capital punishment
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing that in case he's legitimately changed his mind and chosen to stay; I'm also a firm believer in private messages staying private. The fact that you do not support this speaks volumes about yourself.
    Private messages stay private? Nah, if you lie you should be called out on it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall ever making an offer for dual memberships. I know I wouldn't have done because it's not in my interests 😂

I sent them all the same message. I gave them all the opportunity. Connor and Gladstone took it and that's fine. The rest I expect will stay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm fairly sure you did in general, and definitely with respect to me specifically. Also, it would have been very much in your interests. But it doesn't matter anymore. What is done is done. I'd really like to just get on with it so I can start bullying UKIP.

Hopefully down the line we can collaborate if our memberships make up :lol::facepalm2:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure you did in general, and definitely with respect to me specifically. Also, it would have been very much in your interests. But it doesn't matter anymore. What is done is done. I'd really like to just get on with it so I can start bullying UKIP.

Hopefully down the line we can collaborate if our memberships make up :lol::facepalm2:
    I'm sure we'll recover quickly if it means murdering UKIP....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it was misconceived that because you didn't explicitly say no to duals straight away (and because you allowed the same thing with the nat libs) as Mobbsy did; even after Paddy asked you, that that meant you were ok with it, to be fair though, you never explicitly said yes either.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we'll recover quickly if it means murdering UKIP....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing will bond men like shared purpose. Quick, to the killing of the UKIP! We will give Lime a fair crack at the greens and then we will kill them too. Then we will re-open the Centre Party explicitly so we can kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BashCrash)
    Actually don't mind most of it
    im not sure but if u want firearms then u instantly lose a vote here
    and capital punishment
    Capital Punishment is a referendum; we do not support it personally but recognise the various opinion polls showing a majority of the public in favour of it; as libertarians we support direct democracy and individualism, and as such we believe that the debate should be held and the people should get a say; as opposed to the debate being silenced just because a majority of the politicians are opposed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Don't be like this. I want drama.

Guys, ByronicHero just PMed that his ultimate goal is to destroy the Conservatives and keep the diamonds that are the libertarian conservatives (not bragging, it's the truth) for his party.
    mobbsy91 interesting information here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    mobbsy91 interesting information here
    U for real?

ReputationRep:
    Time will eventually reveal all. I will put my trust in what he has told me - he knows where we stand now and where we will stand should he defect after being given a free opportunity to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I vaguely recall his loyalty being in question during the Liberal chair election because he defected previously

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.