Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    The Liberals out in force to denounce defectors... talk about deja vu. :rofl:

He has a reputation for doing that. In his PMs he says one thing, then denies it in public. Do what I did - call him out, post screenshots!
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I'm not doing that in case he's legitimately changed his mind and chosen to stay; I'm also a firm believer in private messages staying private. The fact that you do not support this speaks volumes about yourself.
    If Titan wants to remain in the Liberals that's fine. We don't need to resort to PMs to see in this thread that he declared he wished to join. If he changes his mind then so be it. Sure, I'd prefer he had been clear from the start but that's life.

I was always willing to do this more or less on my own if I had to. Every good member who joins or defects is one fewer member I need to work on recruiting and one step closer to ensuring the long-term health of the Libertarian Party on here. I neither need nor want anyone to join who isn't committed to doing so. Anyone who wants to stay in the Liberals, decides to otherwise not join when we form, or indeed who wants to leave us in the future, will do so with my blessing as long as they've not been duplicitous.

Snuffy, when you're ready to join the freedom fighters you know where we are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    U for real?
    What are u trying to ask?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It is a necessity that a sovereign nation must maintain a military force. We don't support intervening unnecessarily, nor do we consider we are obligated to police the world. We are committed to NATO, for reasons that should be evident. I don't consider this militaristic, honestly.

The immigration point has been dealt with in the thread, though I don't blame you for not reading through. Essentially, the OP contains some pragmatic reactions to the status-quo. I don't think it is sensible to relax immigration controls until we have established a number of other policies. The end game, though, would involve completely open borders (defence needs excepted), but with no assumption of welfare access.

A broader point: everything in the OP was written by me in perhaps ten minutes. It was meant as a flavour of the types of policies such a party might promote. All of it is subject to change, and no doubt a reasonable amount of it will.
    I did not say you were militarists - just that you weren't anti-militarists.

I look forward to seeing those policies.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I did not say you were militarists - just that you weren't anti-militarists.

I look forward to seeing those policies.
    Quite right. I just too a look and I inferred pretty poorly there. Happens a lot when I'm playing Hearthstone and commenting :lol:

Me too. I chose an awkward time to do this given the Speaker election, but soon enough we should be rockin' and rollin'.

What kind of policies can we expect from the government in the next couple of weeks? :holmes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Quite right. I just too a look and I inferred pretty poorly there. Happens a lot when I'm playing Hearthstone and commenting :lol:

Me too. I chose an awkward time to do this given the Speaker election, but soon enough we should be rockin' and rollin'.

What kind of policies can we expect from the government in the next couple of weeks? :holmes:
    That's not a question that you of all people need to ask. But expect quite an extensive array of educational reforms in the near future, and I expect you are. As for legislation we will be focusing on improving the two items we already have in the House (a bill to remove mandatory life sentences and a bill to greatly improve the organ transplant status quo). We will also likely seek to amend the recently passed bill allowing fathers to surrender parental responsibility. Once these issues are resolved we will move on to infrastructure and environmental policy - a shift in approach that will likely coincide with the yet undated cabinet reshuffle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heri2rs)
    What do you think of central banking? I'll reject the Tories if you let me join the Libertarians
    Must've missed this. I'm for full-on free banking. End the fed!

ReputationRep:
    Ya boi wants to join

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    Ya boi wants to join
    Sure you don't want to opt for the tories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Sure you don't want to opt for the tories?
    nah bruv

ReputationRep:
    nah bruv
    Why , whats the difference that makes you opt for the libertarians?
    We are also right wing and have libertarians within us.( We have experience of governing)
    What are your views?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We are also right wing and have libertarians within us.( We have experience of governing)
    What are your views?
    "Right wing"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your views?
    Absolute limited Gov

Personal Freedom

Limited if any welfare state

Low taxes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    "Right wing"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explain how I am not right wing. I support free market economics, admire Friedman, Regan and thatcher

ReputationRep:
    Absolute limited Gov

Personal Freedom

Limited if any welfare state

Low taxes
    The tories will be working on many of these things so I think we would be a good choice, we are in favor of cutting taxes and welfare. I personally am for small government.
    We have experience in government and opposition so will be more likely to get things done!
    Our leader is mobbsy91

ReputationRep:
    The tories will be working on many of these things so I think we would be a good choice, we are in favor of cutting taxes and welfare. I personally am for small government.
    We have experience in government and opposition so will be more likely to get things done!
    Our leader is mobbsy91
    Freedom of speech is also a deciding factor.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech is also a deciding factor.
    Of course we are for freedom of speech!
    Which party isn't? It would be a dictatorship otherwise .
    Freedom of speech is important and should be preserved.
    I am also against all this political correctness these days!

Apply to our user group if interested.
    I hope you pick the conservatives!
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups

ReputationRep:
    Our leader is mobbsy91
    As a neutral observer, I should probably point out at this juncture that ByronicHero has more experience of both government and opposition than everyone else in this thread put together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    As a neutral observer, I should probably point out at this juncture that ByronicHero has more experience of both government and opposition than everyone else in this thread put together.
    shhhh
    Spoiler:
    Show

Jk
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Explain how I am not right wing. I support free market economics, admire Friedman, Regan and thatcher
    How about that the party, which is what we're talking about, opted for increased spending and increased taxes. Can't even really blame it on the Liberals because they were busy being themselves rocking back and forth in a dark room instead of doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Ray and I aren't that far off.

(When combined )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.