ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Hopefully causes the death of labour
    the Labour Party will never die
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    That would be a rather strange consequence. Don't get me wrong, we are likely to provide opposition to most of their legislation, but lefties will outlive the cockroaches
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    That would be a rather strange consequence. Don't get me wrong, we are likely to provide opposition to most of their legislation, but lefties will outlive the cockroaches
    If by cockroaches you mean the right, then hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the Tories actually, mate.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    If by cockroaches you mean the right, then hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did wonder if anyone would take a swing at that sitter :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    the Labour Party will never die
    It's doing a pretty good impression of it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I was thinking the Tories actually, mate.
    How about we destroy every other party, will that work for you?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to announce that joecphillips has left the Liberal Party and will be joining the Libertarian Party as the Spokesperson for Civil Liberty & Culture.

Welcome.
    I bet the Liberals are quietly relieved to see him go. He never belonged there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Abolish representative democracy and instate pure democracy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    It's doing a pretty good impression of it at the moment.
    I know, we are the largest party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    The secret's out - THE LIBERTARIANS WANT TO ESTABLISH A TOTALITARIAN DICTATORSHIP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spoiler:
    Show

Just kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Abolish representative democracy and instate pure democracy!
    People will still complain

ReputationRep:
    The secret's out - THE LIBERTARIANS WANT TO ESTABLISH A TOTALITARIAN DICTATORSHIP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spoiler:
    Show

Just kidding

... and they want fleky6910 as leader

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Just kidding

When everyone realises that this party is the best it won't be a dictatorship other parties can still run but it would just waste money
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    adam9317

Libertarian Formation Request

Statement

Mr Speaker,

I congratulate you on your victory!

There is no greater honour we can bestow upon someone here in the MHoC. Hallowed halls, baby!

This said, I call you to make your first action an important one: let the Libertarian Party form. Below I make it clear why any other action, or undue delay, would be an egregious dereliction of your duty to the House. I trust that a gentleman of your famous perspicacity and sexual prowess will make the right decision.

1) Our proposed members include two previous party leaders, 7 current or former MPs and one ex-Speaker.
    2) Historically, our members have been directly involved in writing, I'd estimate, somewhere in the region of 100 bills. Possibly many more.
    3) In the 6 days since I started this process, our members have submitted four bills (one of which has been through two readings and is now in division) and a petition. You can find these linked below. All were actively debated; several caused long interesting discussions.
    4) We have been more active than any other party in this time, in fact that places us among the most active of this parliament. Not bad for 6 days.

I call you publicly to do the right thing for the house, and usher in your regime with style.

Break a glass and my arse and call me Mary Rose.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your own words, my good man:

"I definitely think there is room for more parties; and if there were active support for a party, I would like to see it happen. Personally, I would like to set a precedent of a quota of 3 active MHOCers and 2 outsiders, or 1-2 active MHOCers and 4-5 outsiders. Something similar to those independent party groupings that tried to get past in an amendment a while ago, I would support that!" (Check)

"I would look for a minimum of 1 stand alone non dual member from the MHOC in the party, then class every further dual member as = to 1/2 an active MHOCer" (Check)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intended Members

Leader of The Libertarian Party: ByronicHero
    Deputy Leader of The Libertarian Party: Gladstone1885
    Spokesperson for Defense & International Diplomacy: Connor27
    Spokesperson for Civil Liberty & Culture: joecphillips

heri2rs
    jesusandtequila
    KvotheThe Arcane
    hazzer1998
    _gcx
    TitanCream
    citibankrec

Other Support

Other prominent members who have publicly stated they hope we form. Please note the Prime Minister offers his support.

1) Obiejess
    2) cranbrook_aspie
    3) Birchington
    4) Quamquam123
    5) The Rt Hon. RayApparently MP, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Secretary of State for International Development
    6) mr T 999

Bills Submitted

Firearms Bill
    Incest Decriminalisation Bill (First Reading)
    Incest Decriminalisation Bill (Second Reading)
    Coming Armed To Parliament Act 1313 (Repeal)
    Capital Punishment Referendum Petition

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your request.

I will consider this in due course when I've officially taken over!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Thank you for your request.

I will consider this in due course when I've officially taken over!
    I'm glad to hear it.

Can you give us a rough timeline please? We have been patient and will continue to be so, but we can create much better legislation when we have somewhere private to formulate it, rather than me writing something in 2 minutes and rolling with it

Congratulations again.

How does it feel?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to hear it.

Can you give us a rough timeline please? We have been patient and will continue to be so, but we can create much better legislation when we have somewhere private to formulate it, rather than me writing something in 2 minutes and rolling with it

Congratulations again.

How does it feel?
    It'd be hard for our new speaker adam9317 to not allow this party's formation to take precedence.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    It'd be hard for our new speaker adam9317 to not allow this party's formation to take precedence.
    Oh I have no concerns about that; adam is fair. I understand him wanting to take a moment to get used to the position though, so I'm happy to wait a little while if necessary. I ask for a timeline for planning purposes and so I know when to check in.

Plus I can't promise I'll be sober at any point in the next few days so would rather respond to any important concerns now :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have no concerns about that; adam is fair. I understand him wanting to take a moment to get used to the position though, so I'm happy to wait a little while if necessary. I ask for a timeline for planning purposes and so I know when to check in.

Plus I can't promise I'll be sober at any point in the next few days so would rather respond to any important concerns now :mmm:
    Having spoken to SF, I hope to fully commence my speakership duties on Monday, so shall we say next week early on sometime!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.