Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    The proposal isn't to 'increase benefits', it's to pay them to everybody, whether or not they're in work (generally advocates of this policy, especially those from the centre or right, support scrapping the minimum wage at the same time - so anybody can work at whatever the market deems them to be worth to supplement their income, but doesn't need to do so to enjoy a basic standard of living, thereby massively reducing the power imbalance between employer and employee).
    You must have access to our bill-writing document there's no other way you could possess such clairvoyance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    You must have access to our bill-writing document there's no other way you could possess such clairvoyance
    Ah, am I involved in a(nother) duping scandal? Or am I just, as President Trump would say, "like, a smart person"?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, am I involved in a(nother) duping scandal? Or am I just, as President Trump would say, "like, a smart person"?
    Pretty sure you're using alternative facts now!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you're using alternative facts now!
    An alternative fact would be that I've always been an honest and trustworthy individual who takes great offence to your slanderous insinuations

ReputationRep:
    An alternative fact would be that I've always been an honest and trustworthy individual who takes great offence to your slanderous insinuations
    Hey you'd better take offense, or I'll outlaw the British English spelling of that word in order to Make America Great Again.

ReputationRep:
    Hey you'd better take offense, or I'll outlaw the British English spelling of that word in order to Make America Great Again.
    There is only British English anything else is pretending to be English is just misspelled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    There is only British English anything else is pretending to be English is just misspelled
    Labor, center, tire, neighbor, apologize, leukemia, pediatric, license, color

ReputationRep:

No wonder people complain about American schools failing to teach you how to spell, trump should be defunding them as well

Take this and learn it is my gift to you.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/sp...h-and-spelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    No wonder people complain about American schools failing to teach you how to spell, trump should be defunding them as well

Take this and learn it is my gift to you.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/sp...h-and-spelling
    rofl
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Not to mention 'maneuver'

:puke:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to announce that following a week of inactivity, ByronicHero is no longer leader of the proposed libertarian party, his deputy, Gladstone1885 will be holding a leadership election as soon as we have a usergroup and sub forum, he will serve as acting leader in the interim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I would like to announce that following a week of inactivity, ByronicHero is no longer leader of the proposed libertarian party, his deputy, Gladstone1885 will be holding a leadership election as soon as we have a usergroup and sub forum, he will serve as acting leader in the interim.
    Acting Leader of the Libertarian Party. Got a nice ring to it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Have you lot been approved then?

ReputationRep:
    ByronicHero Gladstone1885 Connor27 or whoever else this may apply to.

I come with bad news.

Having been in contact with the CT in the past few days, and finishing discussions this afternoon I regret to say that I have been informed that a new sub/ usergroup will not be created until a replacement for Queen Ceresi is found, which I am told could be 'A delay of a month or two.'

I am told the CT have other more important priorities to deal with around TSR and until a replacement is found, this issue is further down the list.

I do apologise about this, there appears to be nothing more that we can do.

I am happy to allow this party to continue without a private sub. I know that will be a logistical nightmare, but it is all that can be done; and I would really hope that come GE time, a sub will have been created!

Adam
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adam9317)

I come with bad news.

Having been in contact with the CT in the past few days, and finishing discussions this afternoon I regret to say that I have been informed that a new sub/ usergroup will not be created until a replacement for Queen Ceresi is found, which I am told could be 'A delay of a month of two.'

I am told the CT have other more important priorities to deal with around TSR and until a replacement is found, this issue is further down the list.

I am happy to allow this party to continue without a private sub. I know that will be a logistical nightmare, but it is all that can be done; and I would really hope that come GE time, a sub will have been created!

Adam
    Inb4 the PM immediately calls a general election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Have you lot been approved then?
    I was under the impression from Adam's previous updates that it was only a matter of time, however it turns out the CT have shot that down it seems
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was under the impression from Adam's previous updates that it was only a matter of time, however it turns out the CT have shot that down it seems
    I may not be all that knowledgeable about how these online forums work, but I really don't understand why it's so difficult - I swear there's an empty spare sub-forum that they could just rename and change the user group permissions for.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I come with bad news.

Having been in contact with the CT in the past few days, and finishing discussions this afternoon I regret to say that I have been informed that a new sub/ usergroup will not be created until a replacement for Queen Ceresi is found, which I am told could be 'A delay of a month of two.'

Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate your efforts. My intention was to stand down as soon as the party had been formed, but evidently that is irrelevant now. Hopefully the others will see it through to completion and if not I will come back in a few months and do it myself (again :lol:).

RIP :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I was unfortunately under that impression too; but unfortunately not!

ReputationRep:
    I was unfortunately under that impression too; but unfortunately not!
    To echo my right honourable friend, RayApparently, did you inform the CT about the National Liberal sub forum lying there? Surely it wouldn't take long to rename and reactivate?

I can understand about the usergroup, and would could probably function without one for a month or two but the sub forum really is crucial.

Is there a way we could lobby the CT ourselves at all Adam?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.