Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I was unfortunately under that impression too; but unfortunately not!
    These things happen. We are all subject to the ultimate whims of TSR who will, understandably, preference their business activities. Nobody should hold you responsible. I certainly don't. I just hope that the Libertarians are able to remain relevant and, ultimately, to form. Please keep them updated if anything changes!

ReputationRep:
    ByronicHero Gladstone1885 Connor27 or whoever else this may apply to.

I come with bad news.

Having been in contact with the CT in the past few days, and finishing discussions this afternoon I regret to say that I have been informed that a new sub/ usergroup will not be created until a replacement for Queen Ceresi is found, which I am told could be 'A delay of a month or two.'

I am told the CT have other more important priorities to deal with around TSR and until a replacement is found, this issue is further down the list.

I do apologise about this, there appears to be nothing more that we can do.

I am happy to allow this party to continue without a private sub. I know that will be a logistical nightmare, but it is all that can be done; and I would really hope that come GE time, a sub will have been created!

Adam
    Would we be allowed to take part in a general election without a sub?

ReputationRep:
    To All Whom It May Concern,

The Libertarian membership is obviously saddened at the news of this development. However, I think I speak for everyone, from leadership all the way down to prospective members, when I say that we remain committed to the successful launch of this Party.

We will be continuing our progress at an offsite forum, courtesy of Joecphillips. Tonight, I will submit to the Party (as will Connor) a draft constitution and a collaboration period will ensue. On Friday the 10th of this month, we will hold a vote on its adoption. Once it is in place, I will call a leadership election and all those who wish to stand (and are not members of another party) may do so.

Thank you for your patience, and a special thanks to Adam for his efforts on getting us a subforum, and Byronic for the idea to make this party in the first place.

Andrew
    Acting Leader of the Libertarian Party

Ps: if I forget to tag anyone, forgive me as I am hiding from my boss at work
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    ByronicHero Gladstone1885 Connor27 or whoever else this may apply to.

I come with bad news.

Having been in contact with the CT in the past few days, and finishing discussions this afternoon I regret to say that I have been informed that a new sub/ usergroup will not be created until a replacement for Queen Ceresi is found, which I am told could be 'A delay of a month or two.'

I am told the CT have other more important priorities to deal with around TSR and until a replacement is found, this issue is further down the list.

I do apologise about this, there appears to be nothing more that we can do.

I am happy to allow this party to continue without a private sub. I know that will be a logistical nightmare, but it is all that can be done; and I would really hope that come GE time, a sub will have been created!

Adam
    When will you be making a decision on their formation?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    To echo my right honourable friend, RayApparently, did you inform the CT about the National Liberal sub forum lying there? Surely it wouldn't take long to rename and reactivate?

I can understand about the usergroup, and would could probably function without one for a month or two but the sub forum really is crucial.

Is there a way we could lobby the CT ourselves at all Adam?
    The first thing I did when contacting the CT was to mentioned the nat lib sub and the MEU user group, both redundant, but this ultimately seems to have drawn a blank.

I was dealing with Captain Jack, as I was told he is the one who deals with all the technical side of TSR. All I can think of is talking to Danny Dorito when he is back off sick leave, although slightly further down the chain of command, Danny has less of a jurisdiction to cover; so may have more time for MHOC, but sadly I wouldn't get my hopes up too much yet!

(Original post by joecphillips)
    Would we be allowed to take part in a general election without a sub?
    I would be content in allowing you to stand.

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    When will you be making a decision on their formation?
    I have agreed to allow their formation, as I am content with the number of members interested; as well as the dupe check coming back clear
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit odd to allow the formation of a party (and to allow them to stand in a GE) if they haven't got their own subforum. Not sure I like the idea of a party conducting all of their internal business off-site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Inb4 the PM immediately calls a general election.
    Please do !
    We might be able to oust you ! A glimmer of hope
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Please do !
    We might be able to oust you ! A glimmer of hope
    Since the Libertarians have never won an election before, I doubt they're going to start anytime soon - and I don't think you'd enjoy coalition with a Tory Party that opposes all of your social policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Since the Libertarians have never won an election before, I doubt they're going to start anytime soon - and I don't think you'd enjoy coalition with a Tory Party that opposes all of your social policies.
    Economically though
    Social policy may be where we compromise.

I am pretty liberal when it comes to social issues, pro-choice, pro gay marriage but there is a line to be drawn!
    Better than a leftist government
    When is the budget being released btw?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Economically though
    Social policy may be where we compromise.

I am pretty liberal when it comes to social issues, pro-choice, pro gay marriage but there is a line to be drawn!
    Better than a leftist government
    When is the budget being released btw?
    Everyone draws that line somewhere, and thinks that their drawing is the best one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Seems a bit odd to allow the formation of a party (and to allow them to stand in a GE) if they haven't got their own subforum. Not sure I like the idea of a party conducting all of their internal business off-site.
    Well, the CT's incompetence shouldn't get in the way of them if they meet the criteria to from, which they do.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Well, the CT's incompetence shouldn't get in the way of them if they meet the criteria to from, which they do.
    I don't think calling it incompetence is fair. It is just a business reality that this kind of thing doesn't even register on a list of priorities. It will get done when and only when Adam can point to commitments they've made and use that to justify a strong follow-up, or by trying to circumvent the process. The reality is that the MHoC is not important to their vision of TSR, nor has it been for many years.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that it was the subforum that made a group of people into a party.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I was under the impression that it was the subforum that made a group of people into a party.
    Can a 'group of people' stand as a party in a GE?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You are thinking of vodka.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Constitution:

5.Parties are formed when approved by the administration team and Speaker (please see the Guiding Document)
    (The bit in the GD is not particularly relevant to this point)

It's not my job to interpret this any more though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Constitution:

The CT are the 'administration team'? If so, I don't think they are a proper party until they have access to a subforum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No, but the Speaker has officially declared the formation of the party and hopefully he will officially clarify this at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Constitution:

That does not mention the need for a sub forum just that they need to approve the party
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    To All Whom It May Concern,

The Libertarian membership is obviously saddened at the news of this development. However, I think I speak for everyone, from leadership all the way down to prospective members, when I say that we remain committed to the successful launch of this Party.

We will be continuing our progress at an offsite forum, courtesy of Joecphillips. Tonight, I will submit to the Party (as will Connor) a draft constitution and a collaboration period will ensue. On Friday the 10th of this month, we will hold a vote on its adoption. Once it is in place, I will call a leadership election and all those who wish to stand (and are not members of another party) may do so.

Thank you for your patience, and a special thanks to Adam for his efforts on getting us a subforum, and Byronic for the idea to make this party in the first place.

Andrew
    Acting Leader of the Libertarian Party

Ps: if I forget to tag anyone, forgive me as I am hiding from my boss at work
    Acting leader? What's happened to Byronic??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.