Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana1989-1994 thank you for the confirmation above!

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind. @Tories please make your members aware that we aren't doing duel membership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Nevermind. @Tories please make your members aware that we aren't doing duel membership.
    No need, your party doesn't even exist. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    This needs further clarification I want to know how you came to this misunderstanding and I'm sure mobbsy91 wants to know as well. Did Nirvana want dual membership , request it? Did she say she left the Tories? Whats the story and how did you end up posting this and causing a huge confusion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Who knows, Nirvana1989-1994 claims otherwise,Gladstone1885 has to answer for himself.
    I have no idea what is going on here!
    From my understanding, Nirvana did express interest in joining, but likely did not realise that dual memberships have not been permitted.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well, I shouldn't really need to given that the rules of the MHoC in its entirety are that both leaders and speaker grant it... I will be posting about it this evening though so that there's full clarity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    From my understanding, Nirvana did express interest in joining, but likely did not realise that dual memberships have not been permitted.
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, I shouldn't really need to given that the rules of the MHoC in its entirety are that both leaders and speaker grant it... I will be posting about it this evening though so that there's full clarity!
    Who didn't grant the dual membership . mobbsy91 or Gladstone1885?

ReputationRep:
    This needs further clarification I want to know how you came to this misunderstanding and I'm sure mobbsy91 wants to know as well. Did Nirvana want dual membership , request it? Did she say she left the Tories? Whats the story and how did you end up posting this and causing a huge confusion!
    Gladstone got PMed expressing interest in her joining us, obviously she was unaware that dual memberships weren't available.

Life_peer: if you've nothing productive to say, say nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Gladstone got PMed expressing interest in her joining us, obviously she was unaware that dual memberships weren't available.
    Ok thanks , that clears it up, I'll wait for a fuller explanation from Gladstone. Why aren't dual memberships allowed?

ReputationRep:
    Take a guess, HINT: it's not Andrew.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks , that clears it up, I'll wait for a fuller explanation from Gladstone. Why aren't dual memberships allowed?
    Because Mobbsy doesn't want to let you guys have them, take it up with him, we're perfectly fine with it, but both party leaders need to agree.

ReputationRep:
    The former.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Because Mobbsy doesn't want to let you guys have them, take it up with him, we're perfectly fine with it, but both party leaders need to agree.
    The Party has a long standing thing of not doing dual membership, something that I also believe in, and thus except in exceptional circumstances I don't allow them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    The Party has a long standing thing of not doing dual membership, something that I also believe in, and thus except in exceptional circumstances I don't allow them.
    Thanks , that clears things up! Now after Gladstone gives an explanation this mess is sorted!

ReputationRep:
    @fleky Because I won't allow them and I'm sure mobbsy feels the same

@mobbsy Thank you, I trust this is all cleared up

@life_peer: You're not a real Tory
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks , that clears things up! Now after Gladstone gives an explanation this mess is sorted!
    Gladstone needs to give no explanation - it's not his job to check whether Nirvana had permission for dual membership.

ReputationRep:

Thx , this is cleared up!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm informing everyone that I am staying with the Tories; I'd like to thank Gladstone1885 for the opportunity with the Libertarian party.

Sorry for the confusion.

ReputationRep:
    Savage
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I'm informing everyone that I am staying with the Tories; I'd like to thank Gladstone1885 for the opportunity with the Libertarian party.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Yup, something we don't allow either - as I said above, not at all your fault or anything, thanks for helping to get this clarified :yy:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.