Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Unlike you I don't assume leadership roles I haven't earned I'm merely acting Leader
    What's the point of throwing random insults which don't make sense? :rolleyes: For me it's a simple matter of common sense: Ten members and CT approval has been the norm for years and I don't understand why different rules should apply to you and your merry band. :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What's the point of throwing random insults which don't make sense? :rolleyes: For me it's a simple matter of common sense: Ten members and CT approval has been the norm for years and I don't understand why different rules should apply to you and your merry band. :dontknow:
    It's because their formation coincided with a speakership election and pandering plays well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to insult you life peer, I don't know how you ever got that impression

The striking difference between the Tory reaction and the Liberal reaction did initially make me think it was simply a difference in ideological openness to change, but then I thought: wait a moment, you aren't a real Conservative. You're just masquerading as one. Hence, I believe your opposition is driven by self interest

ReputationRep:
    but then I thought: wait a moment, you aren't a real Conservative. You're just masquerading as one. Hence, I believe your opposition is driven by self interest
    Life_peer is this true? Do u support labour irl?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    He's 4n, Slovakian IIRC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It's because their formation coincided with a speakership election and pandering plays well.
    Indeed, that appears to be the reason and I'm surprised there hasn't been more pressure on the Speaker to admit and correct his error.

I don't mean to insult you life peer, I don't know how you ever got that impression

The striking difference between the Tory reaction and the Liberal reaction did initially make me think it was simply a difference in ideological openness to change, but then I thought: wait a moment, you aren't a real Conservative. You're just masquerading as one. Hence, I believe your opposition is driven by self interest
    Right, so if I want to uphold the rules without bias, it makes me a non-Conservative driven by self-interest? Any sane person would see the obvious contradiction.

(Original post by fleky6910)
    If he says I'm Martian, will you ask if I'm Martian? I hope that answers your question but if not, it's obviously not true… I do support the Conservative party though like JD said, I'm not British so I don't vote for it. The real Labour party repels me.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so if I want to uphold the rules without bias, it makes me a non-Conservative driven by self-interest? Any sane person would see the obvious contradiction.
    Youre first allegiance is to the TSR Conservative Party of course. You wouldn't be the first whose views online don't correspond to those held in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, that appears to be the reason and I'm surprised there hasn't been more pressure on the Speaker to admit and correct his error.

If he says I'm Martian, will you ask if I'm Martian? I hope that answers your question but if not, it's obviously not true… I do support the Conservative party though like JD said, I'm not British so I don't vote for it. The real Labour party repels me.
    Correct me if I'm wrong; but you identify as a social conservative, why then did you whip your party in favour of the assisted dying bill and proceeded to sack Jammy for defying it?

No true conservative (small "c") would support a bill like that.

And before people cry hypocrite, I'm not a traditionalist social conservative like the former prime minister, I'm unashamedly a social liberal and do support such policies.

ReputationRep:
    Youre first allegiance is to the TSR Conservative Party of course. You wouldn't be the first whose views online don't correspond to those held in the real world.
    What the heck are you still on about? I explicitly told you this has nothing to do with politics and that I'm only calling for justice. :confused:

(Original post by Connor27)
    Correct me if I'm wrong; but you identify as a social conservative, why then did you whip your party in favour of the assisted dying bill and proceeded to sack Jammy for defying it?

No true conservative (small "c" would support a bill like that.

And before people cry hypocrite, I'm not a traditionalist social conservative like the former prime minister, I'm unashamedly a social liberal and do support such policies.
    While I'm quite amused by your intrepid proposal that a single policy is to decide one's position on the political spectrum, it is a very daft one, I'm afraid. As I've explained multiple times, our party was bound to support the policy by the coalition agreement and that was the end of that. No one except for two members even spoke against that policy during coalition negotiations and most of the party welcomed it—are you suggesting they're not conservatives too?

I don't care what you are, just glad we rejected your application.

Perhaps if you newbies cared to get your bearings first like any decent person in a new social group instead of acting like you own the place and drawing ridiculous conclusions from incorrect assumptions, willing to ignore the rules to achieve your objectives, you wouldn't be as oblivious to the past events and come across as so unlikable.

ReputationRep:
    What the heck are you still on about? I explicitly told you this has nothing to do with politics and that I'm only calling for justice. :confused:

While I'm quite amused by your intrepid proposal that a single policy is to decide one's position on the political spectrum, it is a very daft one, I'm afraid. As I've explained multiple times, our party was bound to support the policy by the coalition agreement and that was the end of that. No one except for two members even spoke against that policy during coalition negotiations and most of the party welcomed it—are you suggesting they're not conservatives too?

I don't care what you are, just glad we rejected your application.

Perhaps if you newbies cared to get your bearings first like any decent person in a new social group instead of acting like you own the place and drawing ridiculous conclusions from incorrect assumptions, willing to ignore the rules to achieve your objectives, you wouldn't be as oblivious to the past events and come across as so unlikable.
    I was thinking of reading up on your comments to better debate you, but I can't find the Fake Tory Question Time thread all I can find is the Conservative one..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of reading up on your comments to better debate you, but I can't find the Fake Tory Question Time thread all I can find is the Conservative one..
    PRSOM
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

No true conservative (small "c") would support a bill like that.

LP did that because I'm not absolutely horrendous at negotiating coalition agreements. We were just guilty of not taking full advantage of the deal we got, which was an opportunity missed.

In any case, there is no doubt in my mind that LP is a small c conservative. If you knew his history, you'd know he was UKIP Deputy Leader for a while as well as Tory Leader. Don't take his pragmatism for not being conservative

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should start by learning the meaning of the word ‘debate’ because so far you've only been blabbering about how you think I support Labour, which is a ridiculous proposition to anyone who's been here for more than two days or has at least half a brain, and has no relevance to the fact that your ‘party’ does not exist. Stop trying to divert attention from my questioning of your untenable ‘acting leadership’ and explain why should you and your comrades be allowed to disregard the rules (and no, a populist newly elected Speaker isn't one I will accept). What are you, twelve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    LP did that because I'm not absolutely horrendous at negotiating coalition agreements.
    I'm also a supporter of personal liberty with regard to matters that transcend culture and politics like having control over one's own darn life but yeah, I wouldn't have whipped had it not been for your not absolutely horrendous negotiating skills.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Lol at LP being a Labourite :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    your ‘party’ does not exist.
    I know you're upset about their formation but it's just factually incorrect to say that their party 'does not exist'.

ReputationRep:
    You should start by learning the meaning of the word ‘debate’ because so far you've only been blabbering about how you think I support Labour, which is a ridiculous proposal to anyone who's been here for more than two days or has at least half a brain, and has no relevance to the fact your ‘party’ does not exist. Stop trying to divert attention from my questioning of your untenable ‘acting leadership’ and explain why should you and your comrades be allowed to disregard the rules (and no, a populist newly elected Speaker isn't one I will accept). What are you, twelve?
    You realize this is a game, right? Games are no fun when only the washed up former party leaders get a seat at the table. Besides, it's at the discretion of the Speaker you presumably voted for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I know you're upset about their formation but it's just factually incorrect to say that their party 'does not exist'.
    I imagine he's a believer in alternative facts, like the rest of the hard right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Fez said it himself: no CT approval and UG = no party. The GD and years of precedent say the same. The reason I'm upset is mainly that previous potential parties were required to amass ten active members and wait multiple weeks for approval whereas these two newbies and two rather inactive defectors are officially acknowledged in less than a month, which is unfair and contrary to good practice, especially considering that they don't even have a set of policies and a manifesto which is something the other potential parties had before they even dared asking for approval, yet they were still rejected (with the exception of National Liberals who turned out to be a failed promise).

You realize this is a game, right? Games are no fun when only the washed up former party leaders get a seat at the table. Besides, it's at the discretion of the Speaker you presumably voted for.
    A game very technical by definition and one in which rules matter more than anything else. Would it kill you to go through the same process and be subject to the same conditions as everyone else? It would probably kill your plans since you're obviously unable to persuade six other people to join you but that's why the said rule is in place…

They're not fun when noobs like you come and immediately attempt to nullify years of beneficial regulations and local culture.

If you eventually get your party and vote for the next Speaker who will then disband it, will you be bound to accept his will? Your ‘argumentation’ is ridiculous. :confused:

I imagine he's a believer in alternative facts, like the rest of the hard right.
    Oh, so I'm suddenly at the very right? :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm also a supporter of personal liberty with regard to matters that transcend culture and politics like having control over one's own darn life but yeah, I wouldn't have whipped had it not been for your not absolutely horrendous negotiating skills.
    Thanks for putting it like that xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.