Nah fam, I'm just all about that equality

I know. We're always right. It's gotta be such a pain in the arse
    That better be equality of opportunity and not outcome... :curious:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    That better be equality of opportunity and not outcome... :curious:
    No mate, I'm obviously a Commie so Outcome Of course it's Opportunity!! I'm not even a Modern Liberal tbf, It was just easy to take the piss a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    No mate, I'm obviously a Commie so Outcome Of course it's Opportunity!! I'm not even a Modern Liberal tbf, It was just easy to take the piss a little
    Tbf I agree, these tories get wound up so easily it's pretty funny.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I agree, these tories get wound up so easily it's pretty funny.
    *Reading everything*
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Of course you want to be the tory leader. Everyone wants to be a leader of a political party. Although, it would be better if Nirvana1989-1994 was tory leader.
    Oh yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Oh yeah!
    You would shift the tories to the left, which would mean it would be more electable.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You would shift the tories to the left, which would mean it would be more electable.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! Because there's definitely modern evidence to suggest that eh?

Not like when Blair shifted Labour to the right and embraced neoliberalism they actually won elections, left wingers almost always lose because Britain is a fundamentally conservative country (hence why we have the church ingrained into our political establishment; the lords still exist and we still have a monarchy.)

And before you bring him up; Attlee was as an exception not the rule, desperate people always vote radically, a country just after the bloodiest conflict in human history is gonna be pretty desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! Because there's definitely modern evidence to suggest that eh?

Not like when Blair shifted Labour to the right and embraced neoliberalism they actually won elections, left wingers almost always lose because Britain is a fundamentally conservative country (hence why we have the church ingrained into our political establishment; the lords still exist and we still have a monarchy.)

And before you bring him up; Attlee was as an exception not the rule, desperate people always vote radically, a country just after the bloodiest conflict in human history is gonna be pretty desperate.
    What about MacMillan he was a left wing tory and a very good leader.

ReputationRep:
    What about MacMillan he was a left wing tory and a very good leader.
    He was also there by accident, only because Eden ****ed up Suez and by extension his entire political career, Supermac should've never been leader in the first place, but he got lucky with events (funny that considering his famous quote.)

A better example would probably be Ted Heath I'd say; considering even MacMillan backed Thatcher in his latter days, Heath was bitterly opposed and wanted to preserve the post-war consensus.

ReputationRep:
    He was also there by accident, only because Eden ****ed up Suez and by extension his entire political career, Supermac should've never been leader in the first place, but he got lucky with events (funny that considering his famous quote.)

A better example would probably be Ted Heath I'd say; considering even MacMillan backed Thatcher in his latter days, Heath was bitterly opposed and wanted to preserve the post-war consensus.
    Heath, MacMillan and Major were good people. Thatcher and Cameron were c****

ReputationRep:
    Heath, MacMillan and Major were good people. Thatcher and Cameron were c****
    Major lol, he did exactly the same things as Thatcher but was slightly more socially left wing, economically there was continuity. I'm surprised you admire him but hate Thatcher considering she was closer to your views, Major was pretty much a proto-Cameron.

ReputationRep:
    Major lol, he did exactly the same things as Thatcher but was slightly more socially left wing, economically there was continuity. I'm surprised you admire him but hate Thatcher considering she was closer to your views, Major was pretty much a proto-Cameron.
    Major was a nice man. He had the trust of the people. He had no right to win the 1992 election and he won. It shows how good he was.

ReputationRep:
    Major was a nice man. He had the trust of the people. He had no right to win the 1992 election and he won. It shows how good he was.
    By that extension Cameron had no right to win the 2015 election so that makes him good.

ReputationRep:
    By that extension Cameron had no right to win the 2015 election so that makes him good.
    Cameron and Osborne were ***** of the highest order.

ReputationRep:
    Cameron did have a right to win the 2015 election. People wouldn't have voted Ed Milliband because his mouth and nose weren't in the right place.

ReputationRep:
    I would resign my front bench role if that happened

ReputationRep:

Hear hear!
    Redmanc you got a lot to learn.
    Moth Major and Thatcher were excellent prime ministers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.