Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Congratulations _gcx! It's nice see you climb the ladder fast! I wish good luck to you in your new role
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Congratulations _gcx, I have a lot of faith in you.
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Congratulations and good luck in your role _gcx, I look forward to any possible workings together alongside the Gladstone in the future!
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Congratulations to _gcx
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks all
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Party interests you say? What might these be on a Crisis Committee whose literal purpose is to create problems?

I can't really see the point in hitting me for having no seats when I haven't had the chance to stand in an election yet. But then I suppose you resort to confusing means when you run out of arguments.

I'm sorry, the telegram must not have reached you; we're under new management. Funny how basic technology doesn't work when you nationalize it.

I would like to restrain myself from criticism seeing as I wasn't in the MHoC when you carried your party to victory, but I simply cannot bring myself to do so. You defeated a Tory Party beset by lack of inspiration and credible leadership on a student forum where most individuals are left-leaning, and managed to form a minority government only with the help of your counterparts to the left. I would hardly call your showing an indication of leadership prowess.

And one final point: of course we're biased in favor of him based on our proximity to him. That's essentially the reason anybody votes for anybody in any election for anything; because they've been exposed to their strengths. One would expect a Prime Minister to know this.

But then again, you're the devalued Prime Minister of a devalued government.
    Well, when we had an IRA supporter heading it we basically had rioting in Northern Ireland just for it existing and a Russian invasion of the Falklands through Argentina for some reason. The dictatorial powers of the chair means they can push through **** and/or political crises with no support from the rest of the CC and make them impossible to "beat" by giving an outcome that suits their agenda irrespective of what is actually done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What colour are you taking btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    What colour are you taking btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Party colors? Dark blue & orange

ReputationRep:
    How many seats you going to win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    How many seats you going to win?
    Shooting for 50

ReputationRep:
    Shooting for 50
    I thought we were going to get section 9 of the general election section of the gd to be used and getting 51

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I thought we were going to get section 9 of the general election section of the gd to be used and getting 51
    Shhh!

All I know is that when filling out Petros' survey I predicted we'd win 200 seats
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    On results tables. There aren't many left to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Aren't the Liberals yellow?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, they are orange and the old SNP are yellow.

ReputationRep:
    You could pick pink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The Liberals are yellow, the Libers are orange.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You could pick pink
    That was the MRLP's colours; I'm not sure the Libertarians would want that association.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Liberals are a light orange and the Libertarians are a dark orange. This is a bit of a non-issue as we've had a Libertarian Party before.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They're Purple.

I would just use the old Liber dark orange for the results tables. As Fez says, it's not an issue given the previous existence of the party.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    They're Purple.

I would just use the old Liber dark orange for the results tables. As Fez says, it's not an issue given the previous existence of the party.
    Didn't you get the memo? We had a rebrand a while ago.

Here's the updated version.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 12.30.23.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Didn't you get the memo? We had a rebrand a while ago.

Here's the updated version.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 12.30.23.png
    Should we… laugh? I'm not sure how this joke differs from the one posted by TF (which was actually funny because it was original).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Should we… laugh? I'm not sure how this joke differs from the one posted by TF (which was actually funny because it was original).
    You are free to do whatever you wish.

ReputationRep:
    You could pick pink
    I had initially wanted pink

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.