Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Asquith is bae though, we now have Gladstone and Asquith, the true Party of classical liberalism!

(He's also from the same county as me, Asquith was a fellow West Yorkshireman)
    clear ur PM box plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Do the libbers support independence for the cultic nations and Yorkshire as it would clearly lead to a smaller state

Posted from TSR Mobile
    good joke aph except it isn't funny.
    The libertarians and the tories would be willing to offer you a helicopter ride , free of charge(nationalised helicopter rides, your happy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Do the libbers support independence for the cultic nations and Yorkshire as it would clearly lead to a smaller state

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yorkshire is proud of our British heritage, as for these "cultic" nations, I don't think utopian (READ: dystopian) "AphLand" is recognised by the UN just yet mate
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yorkshire is proud of our British heritage, as for these "cultic" nations, I don't think utopian (READ: dystopian) "AphLand" is recognised by the UN just yet mate
    I mean I live in Yorkshire and I'd say separatists are about 5% and being proud of being British is stupid which Yorkish people aren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)

An economic program conducive to maximizing growth and promoting fairness; we support a more consolidated tax code, the elimination of budget deficits, a sound monetary policy, unrestricted international free trade, introducing competition and choice into the NHS and education, the re-prioritization of public assistance toward low-income workers and the disabled rather than the unemployed, structural pension reform, and a reduction in the dependence of families and individuals on the state for sustenance.

A foreign policy characterized by the preservation of a strong national defense, but a more limited approach to foreign intervention; we do not support the use of the military unless there is a reasonably imminent threat to our national security, we support NATO and are committed to ensuring that all member countries contribute their fair share, and we wish to develop greater diplomacy with smaller and poorer nations in an attempt to lift them onto the international stage. We are supportive of the democratic will of the people that was expressed in the EU referendum.

A social policy that respects the various diverse lifestyles which flourish throughout the United Kingdom, but also upholds the inalienable right to property; we propose putting an end to the drug war, allowing pubs to determine smoking protocol, more devolution of public services, surveillance only upon issuance of a warrant, legalization of handguns, a more liberal immigration policy, unbridled free speech, and full marriage equality.

Gladstone1885 (leader)iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_gcx (deputy leader)iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiConnor27 (defense & international diplomacy)

[/size]

Forum Link

[/color][/font]
    The TSR Libertarian Party is pleased to announce the selection of our very own Joecphillips to chair the MHOC Crisis Committee!

We are also looking forward to the installment of cranbrook_aspie as Deputy Speaker!

All that sounds good to me, except for the drugs thing. Which I am against. Apart from that, everything looks really fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    All that sounds good to me, except for the drugs thing. Which I am against. Apart from that, everything looks really fantastic
    Mind expanding on your opinion regarding drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    He's a member of the tories , lol.
    If you have any ideas , let me know Owain(I'm a softish libertarian)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Just against them, personally. Like if you're ill and get prescribed medicene or if you're ill and taking paracetamol or something for it, I support that. But like smoking weed in public/pubs, legalising illegal drugs and stuff like that, totally against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    He's a member of the tories , lol.
    If you have any ideas , let me know Owain(I'm a softish libertarian)
    Thanks I will Don't have any ideas yet lol. Just browsing online a little bored haha.

I will let you know thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I will Don't have any ideas yet lol. Just browsing online a little bored haha.

I will let you know thank you
    Was trying to prevent a defection

ReputationRep:
    Was trying to prevent a defection
    Hahahaha I would never do that. I'm as loyal as a dog.

ReputationRep:
    clear ur PM box plz
    YOU too lol I tried pming you earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    YOU too lol I tried pming you earlier
    kk then will you respond?
    Done , please respond

ReputationRep:
    https://philosophynow.org/issues/110...uires_Equality
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1489313040177.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Considering that whole referendum fiasco. When will you guys put 'We like to flog dead horses' in the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Considering that whole referendum fiasco. When will you guys put 'We like to flog dead horses' in the OP?
    Well, I felt that particular rule in the GD was an unjust one, considering bills can pass without 50% in favour as can all other petitions, resubmitting it as a bill was the only real choice considering our commitment to more direct democracy and the fact that a plurality of MPs voted in favour of the petition.

But now, the people's representatives have spoken, and it appears they have changed their minds, which we will obviously respect.

ReputationRep:
    That Alexis De Tocqueville fellow lived at a time without the internet and Wikipedia, almost 300 years ago, so I question his knowledge and authority on matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    That Alexis De Tocqueville fellow lived at a time without the internet and Wikipedia, almost 300 years ago, so I question his knowledge and authority on matters.
    The same could be applied to "that Karl Marx fellow" could it not?

ReputationRep:
    The same could be applied to "that Karl Marx fellow" could it not?
    Yes.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.