Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "In fact, however, the liberty of the poor is at stake in such conflict situations. What is at stake is the liberty of the poor not to be interfered with in taking from the surplus possessions of the rich what is necessary to satisfy their basic needs."
    I'm kind of surprised that the article did such a good job of explaining our moral opinions only to fail to grasp them in the next paragraph. (It is not "liberty" to take the surpluses of the rich, that is theft and thus a violation of property rights)

The article goes on to make further faulty logic arguments, and the summary provided at the end is simply not an accurate summary of the information laid out in the article. Its like this guy is on drugs trying to frantically convince an opposing ideology of why they can't logically exist, while decades of thought and research support the idea that we can and should.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    "In fact, however, the liberty of the poor is at stake in such conflict situations. What is at stake is the liberty of the poor not to be interfered with in taking from the surplus possessions of the rich what is necessary to satisfy their basic needs."
    I'm kind of surprised that the article did such a good job of explaining our moral opinions only to fail to grasp them in the next paragraph. (It is not "liberty" to take the surpluses of the rich, that is theft and thus a violation of property rights)

The article goes on to make further faulty logic arguments, and the summary provided at the end is simply not an accurate summary of the information laid out in the article. Its like this guy is on drugs trying to frantically convince an opposing ideology of why they can't logically exist, while decades of thought and research support the idea that we can and should.
    On drugs trying to convince the other guys they can't exist? Sounds like a libertarian to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    On drugs trying to convince the other guys they can't exist? Sounds like a libertarian to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not us
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about what the porcupines think, but does the libertarian "party" intend to actually get any of its stuff voted on because I've noticed a recent tendency to let things auto withdraw rather than be sent to division?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about what the porcupines think, but does the libertarian "party" intend to actually get any of its stuff voted on because I've noticed a recent tendency to let things auto withdraw rather than be sent to division?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    B1132 is currently in division in case you have missed it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    B1132 is currently in division in case you have missed it
    I meant serious bills have any of those been sent to division (not that there have been many)?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better to revise bills after hearing members' opinions and come back with something stronger than to introduce bills we all know won't pass.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Better to revise bills after hearing members' opinions and come back with something stronger than to introduce bills we all know won't pass.
    So how many months do we have to wait for your basic arithmetic, or how about the bills for which no adjustments can realistically be made which regardless are withdrawn. It's easy to pump out joke bills and things you know won't pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So how many months do we have to wait for your basic arithmetic, or how about the bills for which no adjustments can realistically be made which regardless are withdrawn. It's easy to pump out joke bills and things you know won't pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah man we don't write joke bills when an opposition bill triggers us, that's you guys in the UKIP-JD caucus
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nah man we don't write joke bills when an opposition bill triggers us, that's you guys in the UKIP-JD caucus
    Prsom for the 'UKIP-JD caucus'. :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Which is why you have been doing so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which is why you have been doing so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're confusing joke bills with bills that repeal outdated language. A joke bill would be, I don't know, something to require that all members of this House named Jammy Duel produced thoughtful and creative legislation (a joke bill because it would be impossible to enforce)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    A great bill from a great foreign secretary who is wasted in Comrade Ray's Labour Party. Aye.
    I'm curious as to what areas of foreign policy you think me and my long-time 'comrade' disagree on? If there are huge discrepancies in our views that I've somehow been unaware of despite knowing him for several years I must have made a mistake when I unilaterally appointed him to his post. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'm curious as to what areas of foreign policy you think me and my long-time 'comrade' disagree on? If there are huge discrepancies in our views that I've somehow been unaware of despite knowing him for several years I must have made a mistake when I unilaterally appointed him to his post. :holmes:
    Unilateral appointments eh? Might as well call yourself commissar
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Unilateral appointments eh? Might as well call yourself commissar
    In this country, the traditional term is 'prime minister'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    In this country, the traditional term is 'prime minister'.
    Thought that would be to bourgeoisie for you!

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone1885 update your member list, I believe you have got more members than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Gladstone1885 update your member list, I believe you have got more members than that!
    Noted, Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Also what colours are your seats going to be represented by?( cons are blue, labour is red, liberal is orange, what are the libers gonna be?)
    Maybe we'll take green

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we'll take green
    Oooh, do you think you will capitalise from the death of the liberals and how many seats do you think the liberals will bleed to you?

Also why didn't you stay in the liberals , win leader, run on a centrist platform and guarantee a right wing government( as labour liberal would be of the table every time)?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.