Conceited mr T 999 Paracosm LifeIsFine

How are you all voting on the budget?
    I've already done so. An aye.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)

I've abstained, but will change my vote to nay if it is set to pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    I've abstained, but will change my vote to nay if it is set to pass.
    Huraah you are not as bad as I thought!
    Can you change to nay now ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Huraah you are not as bad as I thought!
    Can you change to nay now ?
    Tbf I think abstaining suits how I feel about it. but I will change my vote if it is set to pass.
    See Fleky, I am no leftist, but a centrist who takes the side of the both the left and the right if it is suitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Tbf I think abstaining suits how I feel about it. but I will change my vote if it is set to pass.
    See Fleky, I am no leftist, but a centrist who takes the side of the both the left and the right if it is suitable.
    I see.It is quite close so a nay would be appreciated
    Any liberal who votes this budget can never be a true liberal.
    You will come to the bright side one day my friend ( when you support economic liberalism).
    I look forward to potentially working together in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Please just run for liberal leader,, you have my endorsement . You are a true liberal unlike the other leftists and you need to stop a SJW getting the leadership.
    It is nice to see the liberals have a true liberal liberal left within them!
    You have my full endorsement.
    #vote mr T 999 #Make the liberals great again!
    I thank you for you support :fan: I will take this in to consideration.

Also if you support neoclacassical economics, change your vote on the budget to a NAY ASAP!!!!!!
    Na I will keep it as abstain for now

I voted abstain

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone1885 how would you vote on the budget?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll bleed at all, more likely UKIP and you guys will. And because they're too centrist it got annoying. And clear your inbox ffs!
    The Liberals will certainly benefit from RL affiliation however an internal poll of the prior Libertarian Party revealed that your members were equally split between the Lib Dems, Tories and Kippers in RL. On here that would be amplified because your vote is Mhoc dependent and you came from the Liberals.

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone1885 how would you vote on the budget?
    Nay. Although I appreciate that it doesn't blow up the deficit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Liberals will certainly benefit from RL affiliation however an internal poll of the prior Libertarian Party revealed that your members were equally split between the Lib Dems, Tories and Kippers in RL. On here that would be amplified because your vote is Mhoc dependent and you came from the Liberals.
    I don't think we have any IRL Lib Dems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I thank you for you support :fan: I will take this in to consideration.

Na I will keep it as abstain for now

I voted abstain
    Ok , will you change if it is about to pass.
    The budget is literally the opposite of a neocalssical budget and increases the role of the state!
    I can't see how you could support it if you were a true liberal.(which you are but there a few improvements).

You still have my endorsement and I am sure you will make the liberals great again!
    If you run PM me or let me know!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we have any IRL Lib Dems
    No but most of the right wingers in this House (i.e. members and people that visit) will vote Tory because we are active, have a good reputation and can evidence policies that have passed which have actually helped our virtual state. Other than your few members, anybody round here with a degree of loyalty to you is likely to have come from the Liberals.

Of course i could be wrong given that you are a new party. I don't worry too much though because higher turnout will amplify RL affiliation.

Did you guys ever get a sub-forum?

ReputationRep:
    Ok , will you change if it is about to pass.
    The budget is literally the opposite of a neocalssical budget and increases the role of the state!
    I can't see how you could support it if you were a true liberal.(which you are but there a few improvements).

You still have my endorsement and I am sure you will make the liberals great again!
    If you run PM me or let me know!
    I may possibly change it but I'll have to see.

You forget I'm a centrist that slightly leans towards the left, still not to far off from the right. Hence why I'm not a full neo-classical and have a bit of social liberal in me I belive in a mixed economy

ReputationRep:
    No but most of the right wingers in this House (i.e. members and people that visit) will vote Tory because we are active, have a good reputation and can evidence policies that have passed which have actually helped our virtual state. Other than your few members, anybody round here with a degree of loyalty to you is likely to have come from the Liberals.

Of course i could be wrong given that you are a new party. I don't worry too much though because higher turnout will amplify RL affiliation.

Yes. How did you miss that?

We'll see about that, certainly our existence does not help you. More socially-liberal right-wingers who believe in a restrained foreign policy will finally have an alternative in a party that has produced legislation consistently over the course of its two month existence. You definitely failed to "strangle us until we die again"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I may possibly change it but I'll have to see.

You forget I'm a centrist that slightly leans towards the left, still not to far off from the right. Hence why I'm not a full neo-classical and have a bit of social liberal in me I belive in a mixed economy
    If its close expect a PM.

You are not a keynesian and I think you would fit better with the tory party tbh. You unlike most of your colleagues are economically liberal and would lead the men in the name of classic and true liberalism. I would say you veer to the right hence why I like you a lot!

ReputationRep:

We got one a long time ago now, not long after blinkybill, the new CT person, started their job

Also worth noting that former conservative deputy leader jamestg has decided to join our cause, our budding party grows ever larger, a sign of the changing of the tides perhaps...

I also thank all of my good friends, mr T 999; Conceited and Quamquam123 for their kind words.

ReputationRep:
    If its close expect a PM.

You are not a keynesian and I think you would fit better with the tory party tbh. You unlike most of your colleagues are economically liberal and would lead the men in the name of classic and true liberalism. I would say you veer to the right hence why I like you a lot!
    The Liberals by-and-large aren't Keynesians; they support an economic union which takes away from its member states a primary tool of monetary policy in currency devaluation and requires a degree of fiscal prudence (though it isn't enforced). They're also generally against central economic stimulus to increase demand I would guess. They're keen on domestic regulation and public assistance spending which is regrettable, but isn't something that is set in stone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes. How did you miss that?

We'll see about that, certainly our existence does not help you. More socially-liberal right-wingers who believe in a restrained foreign policy will finally have an alternative in a party that has produced legislation consistently over the course of its two month existence. You definitely failed to "strangle us until we die again"
    I knew the CT had given you the Liberal one, i did not know when they gave you your own. Speaking of, although i don't especially wish to help you i wonder if you have considered an electoral alliance with the Liberals since it would be of benefit. A single ballot with an agreed seat split.

Indeed, your more a liability to us than an asset currently although we have fortunately not seen the wave of defections that Petros initially failed to stop. Whilst true, the emergence of ISIS and Russia have weakened your appeal on that issue. When i came to the Mhoc i was one of only two or three members supporting any military action, nowadays the rest of party has moved considerably in my direction on the Middle East.

Ha.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    We got one a long time ago now, not long after blinkybill, the new CT person, started their job

Also worth noting that former conservative deputy leader jamestg has decided to join our cause, our budding party grows ever larger, a sign of the changing of the tides perhaps...

I also thank all of my good friends, mr T 999; Conceited and Quamquam123 for their kind words.
    Interesting choice of his (and sad) given that last we heard, he was professing his new found love for One Nation conservatism.

ReputationRep:
    I knew the CT had given you the Liberal one, i did not know when they gave you your own. Speaking of, although i don't especially wish to help you i wonder if you have considered an electoral alliance with the Liberals since it would be of benefit. A single ballot with an agreed seat split.

Indeed, your more a liability to us than an asset currently although we have fortunately not seen the wave of defections that Petros initially failed to stop. Whilst true, the emergence of ISIS and Russia have weakened your appeal on that issue. When i came to the Mhoc i was one of only two or three members supporting any military action, nowadays the rest of party has moved considerably in my direction on the Middle East.

Ha.
    That's an interesting idea though I'm not sure if it would help us.

Your former DL recently joined us curiously enough, jamestg. I don't know, I think our military stance especially in opposition to the Syrian airstrikes will broaden our appeal rather than contract it. All the major parties with the exception of the Liberals (who are divided) are lining up in support of them, which gives us a niche.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.