Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It has recently been revealed to the House that senior members are traitors to the monarchy, i'm curious as to what your views are on our great union of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
    The Union must be democratically preserved, same principle that applies to the EU.

The People voted to leave, and as democrats we respect that. Similarly, if the elected leaders of NI/Scotland/Wales/England decide a referendum on UK membership is necessary, then we respect that decision and will honor the result

We are neither separatists nor loyalists, but democrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    The Union must be democratically preserved, same principle that applies to the EU.

The People voted to leave, and as democrats we respect that. Similarly, if the elected leaders of NI/Scotland/Wales/England decide a referendum on UK membership is necessary, then we respect that decision and will honor the result

We are neither separatists nor loyalists, but democrats
    But what if the majority wanted to restrict the liberty of the minority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    But what if the majority wanted to restrict the liberty of the minority?
    This is the case in every country unfortunately, and it is our ongoing aim to reverse this trend in the minds of the people in favor of a more individualist philosophy so that an ideological change expresses itself in the types of leaders they elect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    This is the case in every country unfortunately, and it is our ongoing aim to reverse this trend in the minds of the people in favor of a more individualist philosophy so that an ideological change expresses itself in the types of leaders they elect
    I will join you in the fight.

Mankinds greatest achievements did not come from government bureaus . The world is full of individuals pursuing self interest. Henry Ford did not revolutionise the automobile industry under order from a bureaucrat .
    Spoiler:
    Show

Guess who I am referencing

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Grammar and economics are different. When you provide criticism to my polices with economic arguments I will consider your point.
    You have polices?

I assume you mean policies, and we'll ignore that you just regurgitate what others say, but you need to argue coherently, especially when it isn't just a copy and paste affair, before we can criticise it with economic arguments, which you ignore anyway if they disagree with what you think and you have nobody to write your argument for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do the libertarians think of the Niqab and would they ban face veils?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm not a fan and I wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    I think they make you look like a regressive :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: but I'd never ban them

ReputationRep:
    I'm delighted to announce the defection of hazzer1998 to our party!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Seems we have a new refugee party, and hardly a defection when they're partyless
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I wish Hazzer all the best in his new party.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao Hazzer a liber now :rofl:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not a defection, indeed it's a pretty rude to the Liberals to boast about someone 'defecting'.

Good luck to Haz.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there goes the ideological purity...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #HazzerTheLiber

Can't wait for the time when you leave the Libertarians, who will have you then?

ReputationRep:
    Is Hazzer pretending again? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Is Hazzer pretending again? :laugh:

I think so lol he's really good at begging it seems :lol: it's only a matter of time before he gets kicked out the from the libers for not being "libertarian" :mmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    He's getting through the parties quickly at the moment!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It seems as though the Libers have a very skewed understanding of the word 'defection'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    It seems as though the Libers have a very skewed understanding of the word 'defection'.
    #fake defection

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.