TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    fleky resigns.jpg
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    I will be leaving the MHOC, thanks all
    That's a shame. You may remember internally within the Tories that I mentioned you needed a mentor more than anything else. When you jumped ship to the Libers instead of staying, I felt the last chance of that happening had gone away.

Ultimately you're still new to this game with an awful lot to improve on, but by going somewhere that in itself was new and which lacked a membership that had several veteran members with years of experience, you wouldn't be able to get said mentoring. Rather than taking in the initial criticism like a man and staying with us to develop, both your understanding of MHoC and your own personal character, you jumped far too soon and whilst your rapid ascent to the Libertarian leadership is impressive, it's clear you still hadn't got the foundations set in place.

Perhaps if you hadn't done that, this would've been a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    That's a shame. You may remember internally within the Tories that I mentioned you needed a mentor more than anything else. When you jumped ship to the Libers instead of staying, I felt the last chance of that happening had gone away.

Ultimately you're still new to this game with an awful lot to improve on, but by going somewhere that in itself was new and which lacked a membership that had several veteran members with years of experience, you wouldn't be able to get said mentoring. Rather than taking in the initial criticism like a man and staying with us to develop, both your understanding of MHoC and your own personal character, you jumped far too soon and whilst your rapid ascent to the Libertarian leadership is impressive, it's clear you still hadn't got the foundations set in place.

I think it is important to add to this, and I have stated this elsewhere - in my short time in the party, the dedication I saw from him was amazing. He put in a lot of work to help the party grow, and his frustration is certainly justified as his work is the reason why most of us are a part of the party, and why the Libertarian result was so surprisingly strong.

I'm sure that I can say on behalf of everyone that we all appreciate the work he put into the party. If he is leaving the MHoC completely for a small error, I find that disappointing. To the speaker: he does not deserve to lose his seat.

We all need to move past this and ensure the game is fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)

As someone recruited by fleky, i can honestly say that he was extremely passionate about politics and was the hardest working member of the Libertarian Party by a great deal, and I'm sure the others wouldn't disagree. It's a definite shame that he has decided to quit TSR politics, something i think will cause him great frustration, and was due to a rash decision he is almost definitely regretting at this very moment.

He made a mistake, plain and simple, but i think we can all, or at least the great majority, agree that we are saddened by the news. However, the Libertarian Party will carry on, which will be seen soon enough when government comes back in, and Labour will have every policy put under great scrutiny whilst we pump out bills left, right and centre - though mostly right and centre

ReputationRep:
    Hey Libertarians, I was mucking about with my TSR election excel sheet and the linear forecast predicts you'll get 1 seat next election, thoughts?

Fake News?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Hey Libertarians, I was mucking about with my TSR election excel sheet and the linear forecast predicts you'll get 1 seat next election, thoughts?

Fake News?

fleky resigns.jpg
    joecphillips
    Proves my point. I am right, you are wrong. Unsurprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    joecphillips
    Proves my point. I am right, you are wrong. Unsurprising.
    You do know the party died then gcx, Gladstone, Connor, heri and myself started it again?

There was almost 3 years between those elections.

ReputationRep:

Fake News?

You seemed to have typed 1 seat. It'll be closer to 23 according to BBC news bulletins, and i think Theresa May has just come out to state she plans to give up her position as PM to become our acting deputy leader. How kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    You do know the party died then gcx, Gladstone, Connor, heri and myself started it again?

There was almost 3 years between those elections.
    "Forecast predicts you'll get 1 seat next election, thoughts?"
    This is the point, how will we do next without fleky? As concerns our former performance, I see 4 years of 0 and one year with 9 seats and that's under fleky, not you.

ReputationRep:
    "Forecast predicts you'll get 1 seat next election, thoughts?"
    This is the point, how will we do next without fleky? As concerns our former performance, I see 4 years of 0 and one year with 9 seats and that's under fleky, not you.
    Forecasts from someone who is here to troll.

That was before we recreated the party

Research the history of the libertarian party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Forecasts from someone who is here to troll.

That was before we recreated the party

Research the history of the libertarian party.
    I could make the same forecasts based on the fact that our success was due to a person who we fired. But let's keep the discussion to our private forums.

ReputationRep:

Fake News?

Come on Soggy, that doesn't even look vaguely convincing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    I will be leaving the MHOC, thanks all
    So much for not resigning... At least "debates" will be a little easier on the eye now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could make the same forecasts based on the fact that our success was due to a person who we fired. But let's keep the discussion to our private forums.
    We never fired fleky, he resigned from DL and left the MHoc himself - with no result even being released on the poll for another few days.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    That is all actual data from the libertarian party to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That is all actual data from the libertarian party to be fair.
    It has no seasonal variance though, which makes it statistically useless. Given the gradual decline of the first Libertarian Party, our decline would logically similarly be gradual, not from 9 seats to 1
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    It has no seasonal variance though, which makes it statistically useless. Given the gradual decline of the first Libertarian Party, our decline would logically similarly be gradual, not from 9 seats to 1
    I agree it's absolutely worthless, I'm just saying the data is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I agree it's absolutely worthless, I'm just saying the data is right.
    That was what I was saying, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Well I've plotted all the past 8/9 (I think) elections and Microsoft excel gives you a forecast of zero. Now that may be because you had zero for 4 parliaments so that drags down your average, or because It can predict the future with preciseness.

ReputationRep:
    PetrosAC will there be an announcement soon or are you still working on it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.