Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! watch

ReputationRep:
    We are sorry to see fleky6910 leave the house, and wish him luck in his future ventures.

The Party is pleased to announce the party's new deputy leader, Connor27. We look forward to his future contributions to the party.

ReputationRep:
    I am happy to assume the office of deputy leader, there is much work to be done in the next parliamentary term that I am very much looking forward too.

This Party is here to stay, and we will continue to fight the left wing, big government consensus from inside the House of Commons, just as we have done for months on the outside.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Connor27 for getting elected, not perfect but more competent than your predecessor

ReputationRep:
    Well done Connor in becoming DL you'll make a fine DL indeed

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Connor27, despite my previous criticism I'm sure a dynamic personality such as yourself will take your party in an interesting new direction.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Congratulations Connor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Connor
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Congratulations Connor27 on your appointment as DL of the Libbertarians, hopefully this marks a fresh start for your party given what had happened in recent times.

ReputationRep:
    I thank you all for your kind words - it is much appreciated.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Congratulations to the new Deputy Leader of the TSR Libertarians. I'm sure he has a productive and promising term ahead of him.

ReputationRep:
    I extend my congratulations to the new DL also

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker, please note that in light of the mass PM scandal and the seizure of two of our seats, the following members shall be the Libertarian Party's MPs;

Seat 18: _gcx
    Seat 19: Connor27
    Seat 20: joecphillips
    Seat 21: Gladstone1885
    Seat 22: That'sGreat
    Seat 23: Saunders16
    Seat 24: julen

These are subject to change following an imminent internal election so please take note of that.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Do the Libertarians allow their members to vote freely, or is there a whip?

Also, congratulations Connor. By far the best candidate in the rest of the Libers for DL.

ReputationRep:
    My question is probably going to seem rather amusing, but I mean no ill respect by it. What exactly is this? a political system on a forum? It does seem rather strange to me. So what does the party do?

ReputationRep:
    I did not know Gladstone's desperation would lead to him spamming right-wing members, begging them to support him in a cross-party rag-tag coalition at the by-election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)

Also, congratulations Connor. By far the best candidate in the rest of the Libers for DL.
    There is no whip, everything shall be a free vote next term.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darusmaka)
    My question is probably going to seem rather amusing, but I mean no ill respect by it. What exactly is this? a political system on a forum? It does seem rather strange to me. So what does the party do?
    We are a party in TSR's model House of Commons, I could explain it all to you but that would be rather time consuming.

Instead, I would direct you to this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post67270488

That explains everything rather well, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)

There are currently no plans to use whips. In my opinion it would be rather contradictory for a party that preaches for freedom in every walk of life, to then deny their MPs an opportunity to properly express their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I did not know Gladstone's desperation would lead to him spamming right-wing members, begging them to support him in a cross-party rag-tag coalition at the by-election.
    I contacted you because several people have expressed that they would support me as an independent and since you yourself gloriously failed to win a seat I thought you'd be sympathetic to the idea.

Anyway it might be a good time to announce why I resigned from the Libertarian Party. The party is simply too prone to scandals and I fear that this will not improve anytime in the near future. The rhetoric of certain members doesn't help the party's image. I will return if and when I feel things have significantly improved. In the upcoming term I will focus on creating a workable House media outlet and aiding parties and individuals on policy on an informal basis.

I have no desire to be a member of an unofficial opposition again; there is no influence there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    You're a moron. I contacted you because several people have expressed that they would support me as an independent and since you yourself gloriously failed to win a seat I thought you'd be sympathetic to the idea.

Anyway it might be a good time to announce why I resigned from the Libertarian Party. The party is simply too prone to scandals and I fear that this will not improve anytime in the near future. The rhetoric of certain members doesn't help the party's image. I will return if and when I feel things have significantly improved. In the upcoming term I will focus on creating a workable House media outlet and aiding parties and individuals on policy on an informal basis.

I have no desire to be a member of an unofficial opposition again; there is no influence there.
    Congratulations on finally seeing what everybody else did when you started this venture; the libers are more toxic than ukip.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.