Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Your own party did literally the same thing with the greens last term, we are lending the seat to Gladstone as he is a strong voice for ideological libertarianism and we believe he is deserving of a seat in the house.
    We certainly didn't sack a Labour member to give a seat to a Green, let me tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Is Gladstone still the spokesperson for economic policy and welfare, even though he is not a member of the Libertarians?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Poldark)
    Is Gladstone still the spokesperson for economic policy and welfare, even though he is not a member of the Libertarians?
    He's Gladstone the "independent" heehee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    He's Gladstone the "independent" heehee.
    Why is he an independent?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why is he an independent?
    I don't even remember exactly why. All I remember is that he thought the party was in too much scandal. But he still sucks up to them and is now taking a seat for them. I guess that's what he means by "independent".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    I don't even remember exactly why. All I remember is that he thought the party was in too much scandal. But he still sucks up to them and is now taking a seat for them. I guess that's what he means by "independent".
    How ironic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure seat sharing was even designed for an unelected independent. Is this even constitutional (I.e. Does the constitution specify seat sharing between parties) and in that case will he rejoin the Libertarians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm not sure seat sharing was even designed for an unelected independent. Is this even constitutional (I.e. Does the constitution specify seat sharing between parties) and in that case will he rejoin the Libertarians.
    Doesn't specify and no

ReputationRep:
    I resigned from the party, thus I also resigned from my post

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving the party.

I disagree with Connor's treatment of julen and the parties members reaction to the pm scandal, it has made me realise something I considered in the past, that's it's time to leave.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    :facepalm2:
    Your creation is falling apart. Dupes, moles, political infighting - it'd make a great plotline.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Your creation is falling apart. Dupes, moles, political infighting - it'd make a great plotline.
    I'm sure they'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I'm sure they'll be fine

• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)

They'll be okay. This isn't the first and it won't be the last time a party goes through a stormy period. Obviously I'd step if I had to, but I am confident the guys in charge will do just fine :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I have been asked to post this announcement from the Libertarian Leader, _gcx who is dealing with a family issue at the moment:

The TSR Libertarian Party acknowledges that it stirred controversy by not revealing its knowledge that fleky6910 had returned to the House as a dupe under the guise "F.V. Weiser". In the confusion, a prominent party leader has resigned and confidence has been lost in the party. Therefore, in the coming days we will collaborate and hold listening sessions with our membership on how we can build a better party, and will present our new plan to the Leadership of the House. We don't want to exist if we cannot renew the confidence of the MHoC.

By tomorrow afternoon there will be a contingency plan in place to ensure that our voting MP's do retain their seats and voting availability. I can assure the House that the tone of this new party will be decisively different from that of the old, with softened rhetoric and more of a focus on consensus politics. We will come back stronger, and better, and more civil for the House as a whole. Most importantly, however, we will be a transparent party, something that will admittedly be a departure from our previous structure.

Thank you,

_gcx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The Libertarian Party's leadership makes bad decision after bad decision, the response to this knowledge should neither have been moves to cover it up nor an official statement. the best response would have been to quietly removed the new account, said nothing if not asked, and not announced a statement. It is clear the common sense leadership style Adam and I employed in UKIP is sorely missed by exclusively right-wing parties in the MHoC.

ReputationRep:
    Why are so many libertarians pro open borders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    I have been asked to post this announcement from the Libertarian Leader, _gcx who is dealing with a family issue at the moment:

The TSR Libertarian Party acknowledges that it stirred controversy by not revealing its knowledge that fleky6910 had returned to the House as a dupe under the guise "F.V. Weiser". In the confusion, a prominent party leader has resigned and confidence has been lost in the party. Therefore, in the coming days we will collaborate and hold listening sessions with our membership on how we can build a better party, and will present our new plan to the Leadership of the House. We don't want to exist if we cannot renew the confidence of the MHoC.

By tomorrow afternoon there will be a contingency plan in place to ensure that our voting MP's do retain their seats and voting availability. I can assure the House that the tone of this new party will be decisively different from that of the old, with softened rhetoric and more of a focus on consensus politics. We will come back stronger, and better, and more civil for the House as a whole. Most importantly, however, we will be a transparent party, something that will admittedly be a departure from our previous structure.

Thank you,

_gcx
    There is very little confidence in your party within this house, and only changes to your structure and leadership will you gain my trust back.

ReputationRep:
    **The raise and fall of the Libertarian party**

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.