Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Can I get a quick rundown on this supposed scandal?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Now the 'independent' is making statements on behalf of the leader of the party. Is that not what the Deputy Leader is for?

(Original post by Gladstone1885)
    I have been asked to post this announcement from the Libertarian Leader, _gcx who is dealing with a family issue at the moment:

The TSR Libertarian Party acknowledges that it stirred controversy by not revealing its knowledge that fleky6910 had returned to the House as a dupe under the guise "F.V. Weiser". In the confusion, a prominent party leader has resigned and confidence has been lost in the party. Therefore, in the coming days we will collaborate and hold listening sessions with our membership on how we can build a better party, and will present our new plan to the Leadership of the House. We don't want to exist if we cannot renew the confidence of the MHoC.

By tomorrow afternoon there will be a contingency plan in place to ensure that our voting MP's do retain their seats and voting availability. I can assure the House that the tone of this new party will be decisively different from that of the old, with softened rhetoric and more of a focus on consensus politics. We will come back stronger, and better, and more civil for the House as a whole. Most importantly, however, we will be a transparent party, something that will admittedly be a departure from our previous structure.

Thank you,

_gcx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22RobertsJ)
    Why are so many libertarians pro open borders?
    Because you're not a libertarian if you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Because you're not a libertarian if you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And why is that? I thought libertarianism was about government being as small as possible whilst keeping essential services that would not be handled well by the free market? It would still defend it's Country including at the border.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    I have been asked to post this announcement from the Libertarian Leader, _gcx who is dealing with a family issue at the moment:

The TSR Libertarian Party acknowledges that it stirred controversy by not revealing its knowledge that fleky6910 had returned to the House as a dupe under the guise "F.V. Weiser". In the confusion, a prominent party leader has resigned and confidence has been lost in the party. Therefore, in the coming days we will collaborate and hold listening sessions with our membership on how we can build a better party, and will present our new plan to the Leadership of the House. We don't want to exist if we cannot renew the confidence of the MHoC.

By tomorrow afternoon there will be a contingency plan in place to ensure that our voting MP's do retain their seats and voting availability. I can assure the House that the tone of this new party will be decisively different from that of the old, with softened rhetoric and more of a focus on consensus politics. We will come back stronger, and better, and more civil for the House as a whole. Most importantly, however, we will be a transparent party, something that will admittedly be a departure from our previous structure.

Thank you,

_gcx
    The question is, Gladstone, did _gcx ACTUALLY say that? And why would he ask an independent to post the statement, and why would you make up him having family issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Now the 'independent' is making statements on behalf of the leader of the party. Is that not what the Deputy Leader is for?
    Gladstone has made it up himself
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    The question is, Gladstone, did _gcx ACTUALLY say that? And why would he ask an independent to post the statement, and why would you make up him having family issues?
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    And why is that? I thought libertarianism was about government being as small as possible whilst keeping essential services that would not be handled well by the free market? It would still defend it's Country including at the border.
    Because restricting movement is a massive state market intervention.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.
    He's an ex-Libertarian member, did you expect him to be honest?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    He's an ex-Libertarian member, did you expect him to be honest?
    I do hope the Libers don't intend to embrace dishonour. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And so would being invaded by foreigners but I guess that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    The Libertarians need to get their **** together if even an ounce of credibility is to remain with the party. It is rapidly disappearing.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what independent means to Gladstone but it certainly doesn't mean making statements on behalf of the Leader of a party. One must be extremely sick to start making up crap about "family issues" - it's not funny and certainly not acceptable.

At this rate the party will not survive because you have these idiots in the party.

ReputationRep:
    It's a fair argument but some things are more important than the market, culture and demographics being a couple of examples. And if they were to be destroyed then so too would the market.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And so would being invaded by foreigners but I guess that's fine.
    No it wouldn't... Immigration isn't a state market intervention.

ReputationRep:
    Libertarian Party ---> :rip:

ReputationRep:
    It's a fair argument but some things are more important than the market, culture and demographics being a couple of examples. And if they were to be destroyed then so too would the market.
    Ok, but if those are your values, you're not a libertarian, you're far-right/alt-right.

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't... Immigration isn't a state market intervention.
    Mass immigration from a single Country that incentivises it would be. Though in fairness I should have put market intervention by foreign States.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    this party is a joke. bunch of jokers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.