Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Libertarian Party ---> :rip:
    Thanks for the morale booster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Ok, but if those are your values, you're not a libertarian, you're far-right/alt-right.
    I suppose, I just find libertarianism to be great apart from this one glaring issue.

ReputationRep:
    If you have open borders what stops an enemy Country from just walking right in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22RobertsJ)
    I suppose, I just find libertarianism to be great apart from this one glaring issue.
    Meh, especially without free movement, libertarianism is almost the single political system which minimises equality of opportunity.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Mass immigration from a single Country that incentivises it would be. Though in fairness I should have put market intervention by foreign States.
    That's not actually a thing though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    Gladstone has made it up himself
    proof?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    That's not actually a thing though.
    So you're telling me it's impossible? Or that you're going to set up this system and just hope that it doesn't happen and destroy the Country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    proof?
    3 reasons:

1) Gladstone is an independent
    2) We have a deputy leader and numerous members of the party he could have asked to post this message
    3) _gcx said so

I think we shouldn't be asking us to prove something as false, but Gladstone should prove it's true
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So you're telling me it's impossible? Or that you're going to set up this system and just hope that it doesn't happen and destroy the Country?
    I am not a libertarian, I do not propose setting up this system.

Though for the record I think the idea that one country can intervene in the market of another in any meaningful way by encouraging the emigration of their own labour force is completely detached from reality. Especially in the context of the libertarian ideology which is about scaling back one's own government not the imagined influence of other governments.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    proof?
    You ask for proof but That'sGreat is a member of the Libers, Gladstone isn't so it would seem to me that the burden of proof falls on Gladstone first. Why is he making statements for a party that isn't his when one of that party's MPs is saying he has no right to?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    3 reasons:

1) Gladstone is an independent
    2) We have a deputy leader and numerous members of the party he could have asked to post this message
    3) _gcx said so

I think we shouldn't be asking us to prove something as false, but Gladstone should prove it's true
    I'm not asking you to prove this wasn't the case, but I'm not going to be live either side until there is proof. and he hasn't said anything.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    You ask for proof but That'sGreat is a member of the Libers, Gladstone isn't so it would seem to me that the burden of proof falls on Gladstone first. Why is he making statements for a party that isn't his when one of that party's MPs is saying he has no right to?
    as above I'm asking either side to prove their claims. it's very much he said she said.

ReputationRep:
    If Gladstone has posted a false statement then why should the Libertarians trust him or allow him to retain his seat? It seems to me that Gladstone is pulling all the strings.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    andrew was never independent !!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julen)
    But he left your party and called himself an independent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    i'm just in this party to keep my seat and rebel against their ***
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that Gladstone holds something over the Leadership of the Libertarians, because otherwise, why else are they bending so low to him?? :holmes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julen)
    i'm just in this party to keep my seat and rebel against their ***
    fancy writing an exposé about it for ad hoc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julen)
    Considering he announced his resignation from the party and actually left the party, that means he is no longer in the party - and since he hasn't joined another party, he is an indie.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    fancy writing an exposé about it for ad hoc?
    what u talking about

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.