Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    And you shouldn't be. I'll have to get the CT to kick you.
    More judicial activism I see. Nothing in the constitution or GDforbids this
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    You don't need to be the the group to see how people vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That's because it's fairly obvious that the MP user group is for MPs.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come off it. This is taking the mick now and you know it.

You don't need to be in the usergroup to see how others vote, could you please stop being so difficult? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I am glad to be back.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Also
    (Original post by GD)
    MPs
    1) A party may appoint as many users to the MP usergroup as they had won seats in the previous general election; it is the prerogative of each party to choose the users they want as representatives.
    You haven't been appointed to the MP user group. Don't make wild claims based in fiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Also

You haven't been appointed to the MP user group. Don't make wild claims based in fiction.
    I believe the word is KABLAMMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    _gcx, what do you think is the cause of MHoC's problems?

ReputationRep:
    Paracosm unless you can point to a legitimate reason (i.e. One that goes beyond that it's simply distasteful to you that I exist within the MP usergroup as a completely inactive member) I'm going to stay.

Aph that section provides procedure only for the appointment of MPs to the UG, not the removal of them

ReputationRep:
    This is the kind of conduct which should be penalised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Paracosm unless you can point to a legitimate reason (i.e. One that goes beyond that it's simply distasteful to you that I exist within the MP usergroup as a completely inactive member) I'm going to stay.

Aph that section provides procedure only for the appointment of MPs to the UG, not the removal of them
    I honestly thought you were better than this.

ReputationRep:

What's the point? xD Just leave the UG, you no longer have a seat and assuming that Cran's judgement passes, you'll be banned from having one anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    _gcx, what do you think is the cause of MHoC's problems?
    Attitude. Some users fail to apply a constructive and civil attitude, resulting in most of the toxic behaviour that we see. It drives away potential users, and has absolutely no place here. While it has repeatedly been addressed, little seems to have changed.

ReputationRep:
    _gcx if there's no legitimate reason they want me out then why is it better I leave than stay? All this is is people looking to use what is in reality harmless in order to assert their sense of moral superiority, whic is odd because such morals aren't even in the constitution hence why I haven't been removed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    I honestly thought you were better than this.
    I made no such overestimation of your ethics if that helps. Again, point to why my being in the UG either violates a rule or causes problems for anybody. Speakership can see who votes, and you can check who comments, so if I do either of those then surely I would be immediately called out for it

ReputationRep:
    _gcx if there's no legitimate reason they want me out then why is it better I leave than stay? All this is is people looking to use what is in reality harmless in order to assert their sense of moral superiority, whic is odd because such morals aren't even in the constitution hence why I haven't been removed
    I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here, as any votes will obviously be nullified.

The MP usergroup is for MPs. As you are not an MP, it is reasonable for Cran to ask you to leave. There's no point making a scene out of this.

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone just leave the UG.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone1885 I find it hard to see what you're trying to achieve here but there's no gain that I can see from it. You're making a big fuss out of something so minor, the others have left without fuss - perhaps you should learn from them and just leave lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Attitude. Some users fail to apply a constructive and civil attitude, resulting in most of the toxic behaviour that we see. It drives away potential users, and has absolutely no place here. While it has repeatedly been addressed, little seems to have changed.
    An attitude, I might add, that is promulgated most forcefully by the Libertarians but also subtly by various other parties. As much as Connor's rhetoric about "fake Tories" is offputting, so too are the routinely condescending and dismissive remarks made primarily by authority figures within the Labour Party, but also others, on pieces of legislation. The unfortunate fact is that the MHoC attracts people (certainly not all) who think that their worldview and personalities belong among those of the gods. It's always funny seeing the welcoming comments in the welcome thread, then the mercilessly dickish ones in the main forum on just about every bill. Disagreements based on policy should be the focus of the MHoC, supplemented by witty jabs and puns
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Gladstone1885

Just leave the MP usergroup

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.