Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Saunders16 Could the Libertarians confirm whether SuperHuman98 is still proxying for That'sGreat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Saunders16 Could the Libertarians confirm whether SuperHuman98 is still proxying for That'sGreat?
    My bad; I wrote last week that SuperHuman98 would be proxying until Saturday 5th, at which point That'sGreat returned to his seat and SuperHuman98 permanently took _gcx's seat.

For reference, our seats are as follows:

Seat 36: @SuperHuman98
    Seat 37: @jamestg
    Seat 38: @ferm4t
    Seat 39: @TitanCream
    Seat 40: @That'sGreat
    Seat 41: @Saunders16
    Seat 42: @julen (Gladstone1885 is proxying until Tuesday 15th)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    My bad; I wrote last week that SuperHuman98 would be proxying until Saturday 5th, at which point That'sGreat returned to his seat and SuperHuman98 permanently took _gcx's seat.

For reference, our seats are as follows:

Seat 36: SuperHuman98
    Seat 37: jamestg
    Seat 38: ferm4t
    Seat 39: TitanCream
    Seat 40: That'sGreat
    Seat 41: Saunders16
    Seat 42: julen (Gladstone1885 is proxying until Tuesday 15th)
    Right, ok. Thanks for clarifying :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Could the libertarians confirm whether they are going to support libertarianism, change their name to something different or keep misleading voters with the name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Could the libertarians confirm whether they are going to support libertarianism, change their name to something different or keep misleading voters with the name?
    We have had this conversation elsewhere. Allow me to merely state again to the house that we are the party who fight on the most right-wing and the most liberal platform, hence our name.

I will not entertain any further attacks on our party, nor reply again.

ReputationRep:
    We have had this conversation elsewhere. Allow me to merely state again to the house that we are the party who fight on the most right-wing and the most liberal platform, hence our name.

I will not entertain any further attacks on our party, nor reply again.
    Let me state again that is not libertarianism

I take it your reply means deceive the voters.

ReputationRep:
    Let me state again that is not libertarianism

I take it your reply means deceive the voters.
    You are not exactly in a position to speak about deceiving voters.

You are also an extremist. Anyone moderately to the left of you is not necessarily not a right-libertarian. Furthermore, you are yourself not a libertarian due to not being socially liberal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    You are not exactly in a position to speak about deceiving voters.

You are also an extremist. Anyone moderately to the left of you is not necessarily not a right-libertarian. Furthermore, you are yourself not a libertarian due to not being socially liberal.
    I am socially liberal, I believe people should be able to whatever they want but I have the right to criticise, is that not liberal?

Do you believe Tim Farron is liberal?

Also their support of the footwear bill and them implying the idea that employers should be free to decide the issue was insane shows that the party is not libertarian

ReputationRep:
    I am socially liberal, I believe people should be able to whatever they want but I have the right to criticise, is that not liberal?

You have a very non-nuanced interpretation of liberty. You see non-intervention as liberal per se when that is clearly inaccurate; rather, liberalism is about maximising access to opportunity.

Yes. Certainly more so than yourself. He is not the most liberal person ever, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    You have a very non-nuanced interpretation of liberty. You see non-intervention as liberal per se when that is clearly inaccurate; rather, liberalism is about maximising access to opportunity.

Yes. Certainly more so than yourself. He is not the most liberal person ever, though.
    Non-nuanced when the state says you can not do something it restricts your freedom yes or no?

Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, individual judgment, and self-ownership.

Basic definition of libertarianism, what one of those do I not meet?

This party opposes them
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Non-nuanced when the state says you can not do something it restricts your freedom yes or no?

Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, individual judgment, and self-ownership.

Basic definition of libertarianism, what one of those do I not meet?

This party opposes them
    But the state restricting your ability to restrict others IS liberal.

ReputationRep:

Also their support of the footwear bill and them implying the idea that employers should be free to decide the issue was insane shows that the party is not libertarian
    Support of the idiotic footwear bill is not an official party position, to my knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    But the state restricting your ability to restrict others IS liberal.
    In the natural state of nature, yes. If I prohibit you from consuming twinkles, that's illiberal. But employment is not the natural state of nature, it is an opportunity provided on the terms of the employer. The state should not guarantee any sort of level of comfortability between consenting individuals unless it violates their natural rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Support of the idiotic footwear bill is not an official party position, to my knowledge
    For clarification, the only official party positions are held on bills written by ourselves. Support of the bills of other parties is largely subject to the views of the member, and the member alone. Just as our members battle over bills internally, that is practiced in the house itself. The debate ongoing regards what an individual defines as a 'right', and those in libertarian circles tend to differ on that very issue.

Let's not clutter the thread with too much bickering.

ReputationRep:
    I am excited to announce that Seat 37 shall now be occupied by Gladstone1885. As he has been serving as a proxy MP, he is already in the usergroup.

In addition, I also wish to announce two proxy MP's, who will indefinitely be occupying the following seats:
    CatusStarbright shall be proxying for TitanCream in Seat 39.
    mrwb9876 shall be proxying for julen in Seat 42.

Please may you both enter the usergroup entitled 'MP', which you can do here. It is your responsibility to vote in the 5 bills that are currently open, and as it is unlikely you will be accepted in time, I will explain to you how to send a postal vote to Rakas and Cran (Speaker and Deputy Speaker), who I have tagged in order to make them aware of these changes.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    One change: Jammy Duel shall now be proxying Seat 39 indefinitely.

ReputationRep:
    #FakeLibertarian
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One change: Jammy Duel shall now be proxying Seat 39 indefinitely.
    This is confirmed for tomorrow.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    This is confirmed for tomorrow.
    so you confirm TF 28 minutes ago (not for tomorrow) you confirm this 44 minutes ago for tomorrow? is it too much effort for you to remove one person from a usergroup and add another who has already made the request?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.