Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Libertarian Party Question Time - Ask A Porcupine! Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Will Joecphillips be accepted back in the Libertarian Party after the failed merger with the Green Party?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Will Joecphillips be accepted back in the Libertarian Party after leaving the Green Party following the failed merger?
    He hasn't left the Greens, check his profile!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    He hasn't left the Greens, check his profile!
    I made a mistake, the new TSR layout confused me because group membership used to be listed on the profile page under the avatar.

ReputationRep:
    Will Joecphillips be accepted back in the Libertarian Party after the failed merger with the Green Party?
    IMG_3948.JPG

I will have you know that I am currently creating motions and bills for the Green Party and have one solo motion released soon.

I need Saunders16 to unilaterally declare me leader before I join
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake, the new TSR layout confused me because group membership used to be listed on the profile page under the avatar.

It's totally fine, we all do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It is not fake news when the merger was foiled, however, the question remains, on a hypothetical basis if Joe left the Green Party would he be granted membership to the Libertarian Party?

ReputationRep:
    It is not fake news when the merger was foiled, however, the question remains, on a hypothetical basis if Joe left the Green Party would he be granted membership to the Libertarian Party?
    As per the Constitution all applications are considered on a case-by-case basis; I would speak to him (and other applicants) personally to make that decision.

ReputationRep:

Following our midterm elections, we have re-elected several of our current MPs and elected 3 new MPs - here is our line-up as of now:

Seat 36: SuperHuman98
    Seat 37: Gladstone1885
    Seat 38: Jammy Duel
    Seat 39: Connor27
    Seat 40: That'sGreat
    Seat 41: Saunders16
    Seat 42: CatusStarbright

-Saunders

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention - please add and kick the relevant people from the usergroup, Rakas21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saunders16)

Following our midterm elections, we have re-elected several of our current MPs and elected 3 new MPs - here is our line-up as of now:

-Saunders

Fake libertarians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Fake libertarians
    How am I a fake libertarian? I am more supporting of freedom than you.

ReputationRep:
    Fake libertarians
    sigh

ReputationRep:
    Also, I am honoured to once again take a permanent seat on the green benches of this house as a Libertarian member.

I speak for all of my newly elected colleagues in saying that we shall continue the fight for free market economics, social liberalism, and that we shall continue to oppose the left wing, big government consensus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    How am I a fake libertarian? I am more supporting of freedom than you.
    sigh
    Joking that's why I used the
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

-Saunders

Confirmed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Fake libertarians
    Somebody salty they're not getting back in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I firstly wish to offer my commiserations to CoffeeGeek and That'sAGoodOne349. The Conservative campaign was hard-fought and their policies were sensible, and I am sure we are both glad in seeing the far-left struggle to exert any influence in this by-election. Our differences remain clear to see but there is a clear opportunity to work together in future; I am firm in saying that we hope that the right will not be stubborn and accept another government of a similar form to the current one.

I would also like to offer my congratulations to our candidate, Joecphillips. As a figure of competency and dedication in the house, I am delighted to see him serving as an MP for our party and can announce that he has won our internal election for the Deputy Leadership. His election as an MP marks the moment in which we have proved our presence in the house is larger than some thought and that it is not pragmatism, but ideology that resonates with voters. Most importantly, our radical, libertarian policies prove that the right is winning the battle of ideology.

In this by-election, the establishment of the Liberal Party have commented on discussion in the house and the rhetoric and behaviour of its members. While I wish to keep arguments off-site, we are a transparent party and I would like to make it publicly clear that I abhor their actions in making an extremely public attack on our party after an issue had been moved past privately. While some of our members may be brash in tone, such debate is an entertaining and permanent part of this house and a few (potentially) mean comments do not equate to disingenuity. We are a party that strive to be honest above all and my last message to the house and the establishment would be to follow that.

-Saunders

ReputationRep:
    TCFactor will be replacing Gladstone1885 henceforth; please enter the user group ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    May I join the party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currynomics1)
    May I join the party?
    You need a dupe check first

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.