Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which political party do you support and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Really keen to hear from people here, especially the why! I have become very disillusioned with my party, the tories, but no other parties fit my views properly either. And so I am wandering, aimless, party-less ...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    Really keen to hear from people here, especially the why! I have become very disillusioned with my party, the tories, but no other parties fit my views properly either. And so I am wandering, aimless, party-less ...
    I support Labour. They have had some issues lately and many people don't believe in Jeremy Corbyn. I do, I think he is great and he is a good representation of the values the Labour party should have. The party was corrupt way before Corbyn, and I think he is recreating the party, helping it become more pure and representative of the people.

Labour care about the working class, the NHS, education... all things that the Tories seem not to care about at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I support Labour. They have had some issues lately and many people don't believe in Jeremy Corbyn. I do, I think he is great and he is a good representation of the values the Labour party should have. The party was corrupt way before Corbyn, and I think he is recreating the party, helping it become more pure and representative of the people.

Labour care about the working class, the NHS, education... all things that the Tories seem not to care about at all.
    i totally agree with this i perosnally think that jeremy corbyn is the leader the labour party has needed for a long time as i was personally getting sick with new labour moving further and further to the right over the yeras rather than holding on to the values that their party was founded on helping the working man. corbyns labour all the way.

ReputationRep:
    I hate all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dems, been a member since April last year. I'm not sure if I agree with the stance on Europe tbf, but civil liberties and mental health are the most important issues to me and they're the only party doing a decent job on both of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orbital Rising)
    I hate all of them.
    Seeing as you're an advocate of a one party Communist state then that doesn't exactly surprise me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Seeing as you're an advocate of a one party Communist state then that doesn't exactly surprise me...
    Communist state is an oxymoron. It is technofascism.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really say I support any of them right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    I don't see a problem with being party-less. As is often said it is not like a football club, you don't have to stick to one party or another. Policies and leadership of parties change and so it makes sense to be a floating voter. It is good for democracy if voters are reactive.

I don't support any party. I made my choice in the last election and when I'm asked to vote again, I will consider the options and decide which I think is best. Unless, you want to get involved in campaigning, I don't think you need to support a particular party.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Lib Dem supporter. Fed up of Labour and Conservatives, Liberal Democrats fit my views.

ReputationRep:
    Would support Tories, but waiting to see where ukip ends ip

ReputationRep:
    Support none of them. Probably a very radical conservative. If a GE was held now I would vote for lib Dems but I would hope they didn't win overall.

ReputationRep:
    I think the restoration of the monarchy with all its feudal privileges wouldn't go amiss! It all started to go wrong when I got one in the eye from Guillaime from Normandie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightmonkey)
    Lib Dems, been a member since April last year. I'm not sure if I agree with the stance on Europe tbf, but civil liberties and mental health are the most important issues to me and they're the only party doing a decent job on both of those.
    Mental health is interwoven with health care and the NHS. The Lib Dems are as useful as a chocolate fireguard for this due to their Orange Book turn. Mental health treatment is much superior for those how have money. Good luck if you are mentally ill and rely on the NHS, enjoy 6month+ waiting lists.

Health care is tied up to distribution of wealth and power. I don't know how that doesn't lead to left wing politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladstone1885)
    waiting to see where ukip ends ip
    Paul Nuttall (the BNP in a tie)

Certainly not a party for gladstonian liberals
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    None of them.

I hate the Conservatives for being the party of big business, having a terrible record on the environment, and for their more authoritarian tendencies May has displayed recently. Labour oppose them, which is good, but then they oppose air strikes on ISIS, which is pacifism taken way too far if you ask me. The Greens care about the environment, but they also oppose those air strikes, and they also oppose pretty much all shooting, which is very bad for conservation in the UK as pest control and the culling of invasive species is essential for it. Then there's UKIP, who are climate change deniers and basically Conservatives on steroids. And the Lib Dems are far too pro-EU for my liking. I could go into much more detail on my issues with these parties but to save space I won't.

Give me a party which is sensible, anti establishment, opposes corruption, wants to limit the influence of big business on politics, wants to reform our political system, cares about the environment but isn't full of extreme pacifists and animal rights people like Labour and the Green party and I'd gladly vote for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    None of them.

I hate the Conservatives for being the party of big business, having a terrible record on the environment, and for their more authoritarian tendencies May has displayed recently. Labour oppose them, which is good, but then they oppose air strikes on ISIS, which is pacifism taken way too far if you ask me. The Greens care about the environment, but they also oppose those air strikes, and they also oppose pretty much all shooting, which is very bad for conservation in the UK as pest control and the culling of invasive species is essential for it. Then there's UKIP, who are climate change deniers and basically Conservatives on steroids. And the Lib Dems are far too pro-EU for my liking. I could go into much more detail on my issues with these parties but to save space I won't.

Give me a party which is sensible, anti establishment, opposes corruption, wants to limit the influence of big business on politics, wants to reform our political system, cares about the environment but isn't full of extreme pacifists and animal rights people like Labour and the Green party and I'd gladly vote for it.
    You're against pacifism and ultra- animal rights, but are for environmentism. Yet, they're all different sides of the same 3-d coin. Liberal brainwashing that feeds on white guilt in order to push authoritarian policies. The environmental """ scientists""" that produce these so called statistics have either been all paid off or been so deeply indoctrinated that they can't see the truth. Carbon dioxide isn't a good thing. But that doesn't mean that we need to hurt our economic output and job security in society. Because in the end that'll do worse than any waste gasses in the air.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    You're against pacifism and ultra- animal rights, but are for environmentism. Yet, they're all different sides of the same 3-d coin. Liberal brainwashing that feeds on white guilt in order to push authoritarian policies. The environmental """ scientists""" that produce these so called statistics have either been all paid off or been so deeply indoctrinated that they can't see the truth. Carbon dioxide isn't a good thing. But that doesn't mean that we need to hurt our economic output and job security in society. Because in the end that'll do worse than any waste gasses in the air.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Carbon dioxide is a good thing. So is water, but you can still drown in it. What a ****ing stupid argument that is. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, too much of it causes the temperature to warm. That's the very basics of how greenhouse gases work.

There is no evidence for this "environmental scientists are paid off" conspiracy theory. None at all. There are many thousands of scientists in many different countries and many different research institutions that would need to be paid off. Like many conspiracy theories, it would be completely impossible simply because of how many people would need to be involved.

ReputationRep:
    Well as I got what I wanted in the referendum I'm now free to vote for another party.

Unfortunately I can't vote labour or lib dem which leaves me with the conservatives most likely unless ukip rises with unity and good policies.

I won't hold my breath on that one though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Paul Nuttall (the BNP in a tie)

Certainly not a party for gladstonian liberals
    Disagree. Nuttall is a self-proclaimed Thatcherite who wants to privatise the NHS.
    The BNP were genuinely protectionist economically.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.