Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which political party do you support and why? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    The dynamics have changed now.The lib Dems are getting huge swings from labour across the country not just in Richmond.
    They won't get enough where I live.
    Lib Dems were fourth, behind UKIP last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    He supported remain only because he was leading a party of europhiles. He would have voted Leave had he not been leader and that's probably how he voted. Lewis and Starmer are among the most pro eu MPs out there so I don't see why you would support them. Gisela Stuart supports George Bush...

I suggest you do some more research.
    Lewis was in the army so he would be a popular leader. Keir Starmer would be a good choice because of his name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Would sooner vote the BNP than the tories.

Lib Dems wasted.

Labour hopeless but have no choice but to vote for them.
    My options are vote at home in a super safe Tory seat or vote at uni in a safe Labour seat that the Lib Dems once held for a year in 2004 after a by-election.

I'll choose the second option due the remote chance it's not a wasted vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    My options are vote at home in a super safe Tory seat or vote at uni in a safe Labour seat that the Lib Dems once held for a year in 2004 after a by-election.

I'll choose the second option due the remote chance it's not a wasted vote.
    A vote is never wasted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't identify with any political party at the moment.

I used to support Labour, but they lost me a few months after JC took over. He seems like a nice guy, and he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets, it's just that his policies are a little too left-wing for me. And he looks really desperate pretending to oppose freedom of movement.

Right now, protecting the environment and our relationship with the EU are two of the most important issues for me. I'd probably vote Lib Dem or Green, even though both of these parties annoy me slightly.

ReputationRep:
    None. What we need is an absolute monarchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Why have you become disillusioned with the tories?
    Well to be honest I'm not impressed with Teresa May, the secrecy and avoided questions and leaving the nation trying decode statements like 'Brexit means Brexit' are things really starting to irritate me. I disagree with the bombing of Syria. The 'Go Home' vans? The stupid policy that said that British citizens couldn't bring their spouses or children into Britain unless they earned more then £18,600, regardless of how much the non-British spouse earned? The 100% lack of aid for Yemen? Tuition fees up again, the attempted Snooper's charter...the list of things that I'm not happy with goes on.

Overall, I identify as a one-nation Tory, as does May. And she is so far from it, it's unbelievable. I like the look of the Lib Dems but their insistance on house of lords reform and higher percentage tax on the rich put me off them too. So I'm party-less until someone changes their political stance (shouldn't be too long right? In the era of consensus politics?)

ReputationRep:
    I would still support the BNP had the bias media i.e. BBC not forced Nick Griffin to resign. His party did not get the representation the other major parties got. It was only allowed one Question Time appearance, and even that was set-up to frame Nick as 'racist', which if you actually bother to do your own objective research, you will discover this is simply untrue. I'm all for Nationalism, and voted to Leave the EU to attack globalisation i.e. Immigration, which has been threatening UK culture ever since Blair's labour government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    I would still support the BNP had the bias media i.e. BBC not forced Nick Griffin to resign. His party did not get the representation the other major parties got. It was only allowed one Question Time appearance, and even that was set-up to frame Nick as 'racist', which if you actually bother to do your own objective research, you will discover this is simply untrue. I'm all for Nationalism, and voted to Leave the EU to attack globalisation i.e. Immigration, which has been threatening UK culture ever since Blair's labour government.
    Check the disgrace of the BNP video on the previous page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol party, aka CISTA
    And because weed :leaf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    A vote is never wasted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but you know what I mean. I'd always vote regardless though just so I've got the right to complain.

(Original post by Voi)
    Nick Griffin not racist? What have you been smoking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you know what I mean. I'd always vote regardless though just so I've got the right to complain.

Get that brainwashing from the BBC did you? Come back and talk to me after you've watched all his non-BBC YouTube videos.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I did support Labour, but honestly I support none now, they don't seem to fit in with what I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Get that brainwashing from the BBC did you?
    Nope. I was familiar with the BNP before his QT calamity.

Come back and talk to me after you've watched all his non-BBC YouTube videos.
    You're in denial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    I'd normally vote Tory. I don't support Brexit, so I'm not sure if I'd vote for them again. There's nobody else I'd vote for instead though. I'd either vote Tory, or not vote at all.
    Perhaps your local MP did not support Brexit as well.

ReputationRep:

I like to pull people up on the wasted vote statements as it's our civic duty and we owe it to the people who fought for our right to vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Greens because i am an earth-loving communist hippy

ReputationRep:
    who do I "support"?
    that's an annoyingly vague word
    is this a question of which party I "most prefer" or outright "support"?
    I prefer UKIP, but I technically don't support any party
    because there is no libertarian party
    there are dashes of libertarianism in UKIP, lib dems and greens (unbelieveably), although in very different areas
    a libertarian party would bring all of those policies together. in a consistent way

ReputationRep:
    None of them really represent my views. I would say I want Conservatives for the government but I am a massive fan of my UKIP MP Douglas Carswell, very good MP who stands up for our area. So probably UKIP for him, but can't stand the party any longer. I want stricter controls on immigration but I really do care about the NHS (which the tories are rubbish at). I care about the environment, I am a big believer in Nuclear energy, though (not expensive wind turbines). I believe coal plants should be decommunised but we need a massive rage of building nuclear power plants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben.anderson)
    None of them really represent my views. I would say I want Conservatives for the government but I am a massive fan of my UKIP MP Douglas Carswell, very good MP who stands up for our area. So probably UKIP for him, but can't stand the party any longer. I want stricter controls on immigration but I really do care about the NHS (which the tories are rubbish at). I care about the environment, I am a big believer in Nuclear energy, though (not expensive wind turbines). I believe coal plants should be decommunised but we need a massive rage of building nuclear power plants.
    That's some solid libertarian views there; the myth that the tories can't handle the NHS is exactly that, a myth, perpetuated by the Labour Party.

Most service issues come as a result of local management teams being inept at their jobs because they feel they deserve more pay, they then deflect this onto government funding when it's actually their own greed and selfishness causing the poor service in some parts of the country.

It also ignores the facts and statistics: satisfaction with the level of service provided by the NHS is currently at its highest in the last 2 years since 1997 when Tony Blair came to power, it also ignores the fact we haven't a scandal anywhere near to the extent of the 1200 deaths in mid staffs that occurred under the Brown administration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.