Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do u think u will do if u dont get the grades of either of your offers? will you go through clearing? or stay on and redo your A levels? I may well be in this possition wondered what other people would do !?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    due to the way my ums points stand at the moment, i need a U on every paper to make my insurance offer. if i don't even manage this for whatever reason, i'l probably try and get onto a sightly different course through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    its alrite for sum lol

ReputationRep:
    I know ive fullfilled my offer, however if i didn't i would do another A level / retake the following year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    I know ive fullfilled my offer, however if i didn't i would do another A level / retake the following year.
    thats what im thinkin of doing purhaps with the addition of an OU diploma.... do people think that redoing A levels would hinder uni aplication ?

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get 5 A's, my mum is going to kill me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    if i end up redoing a levels i will have to start paying rent and wil get greif all the time, think the work will hinder my results tho so kinda makes me wonder if its actualy worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    what do u think u will do if u dont get the grades of either of your offers? will you go through clearing? or stay on and redo your A levels? I may well be in this possition wondered what other people would do !?!?!?!?
    Cry.
    Go through clearing.
    But I will not redo my A Levels again. I couldn't bear it. I doubt I did so badly that no university would take me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    thats what im thinkin of doing purhaps with the addition of an OU diploma.... do people think that redoing A levels would hinder uni aplication ?
    Depends which uni's you apply to i guess. ie Cambridge and Oxford may frown upon your retakes but other uni's may not. Some might even find it somewhat determing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Cry.
    Go through clearing.
    But I will not redo my A Levels again. I couldn't bear it. I doubt I did so badly that no university would take me.
    do u not think it depends what course ie a very specific course doesn't really matter what uni u do it at but .... as in my case physics do u know think doin it at a rather lesser uni would be a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    I will do a home study course in English Literature then apply for an English degree next year instead of doing maths!

Only if I don't get in though...

ReputationRep:
    I will probably have a heart attack and die...so I don't have to worry what I'm going to do if I don't get what I want......

(I HAVE to get the A in physics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    (I HAVE to get the A in physics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    And the rest?

ReputationRep:
    A bit harsh of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icetopaz_h454)
    A bit harsh of her.
    all is fair in love,war and A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    all is fair in love,war and A levels
    He he he

ReputationRep:
    And the rest?
    The rest I know what I am getting cuz I did many modules before hand...

ReputationRep:
    A bit harsh of her.
    That's her, and it wouldn't surprise me if she tried to either...

ReputationRep:
    That's her, and it wouldn't surprise me if she tried to either...
    *Will protect you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    what do u think u will do if u dont get the grades?

I will kill everyone who did well :cool:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.