Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    *Will protect you*
    I don't think anyone can, I've just got to avoid the house after i get my results if it isn't filled with A's. No other option! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If not I'll do SAT's. No A levels anymore!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I will kill everyone who did well :cool:
    lol....not a bad idea
    (now where is my pistol....hmmm....)

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't get the grades this time I can't see me getting them again from about half a year of no schoolwork whatsoever... Plus I tried my hardest this time round. So yeah it'd probably be clearing for me, I just hope there is some course somewhere that takes my fancy (that will take me)... I might have to face a gap year and apply again but I really don't want to be in that position...

Whatever I happens I will go to university... Even if I end up on some pointless course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    If I didn't get the grades this time I can't see me getting them again from about half a year of no schoolwork whatsoever... Plus I tried my hardest this time round. So yeah it'd probably be clearing for me, I just hope there is some course somewhere that takes my fancy (that will take me)... I might have to face a gap year and apply again but I really don't want to be in that position...

Whatever I happens I will go to university... Even if I end up on some pointless course...
    Same here, genna end up in clearing after my poor results but I worked as hard as possible so I doubt I would want to re-do A levels again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)

Same here, genna end up in clearing after my poor results but I worked as hard as possible so I doubt I would want to re-do A levels again!

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get into my firm offer then I'll re-take my A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll try and work as a legal secretary for 6 months here at home and work as a part time waitress to earn lots of money for uni. I'd do the resits in January,(not at my school, but at an independent place - couldn't bear the thought) and reapply to the LSE with a big begging UCAS form. I doubt if even they or other places would accept me again this year. I'd then work in America for 6 months to try and forget about the lack of offers for a second year running. Just basically WORK WORK WORK.

God, this prospect really is terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    lol....not a bad idea
    (now where is my pistol....hmmm....)
    lol judging by the calibre of people on this forum, you'll be at it a while

ReputationRep:
    I will cry my eyes out....then find a Psychology course somewhere that will take me. Will avoid retaking my A-Levels at ALL costs....just the thought of it scares me. The only way I would consider is if no psychology courses would take me cus there's nothing else I really enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    If I don't get into my firm offer then I'll re-take my A-Levels.
    and ur firm is....?

ReputationRep:
    if it all went shockingly wrong, i'd probably take a year out, finish my english alevel, as well as taking up a couple more subjects to pass the time, and then reapply, probably for english and german or something. or i'd do an art foundation if they'd take me and see if i could finish the english at night classes or something. i've been thinking about it, and i'd rather miss a year than not go to either durham or cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i'd rather miss a year than not go to either durham or cambridge
    Exactly. Sacrifice one year in order to have a more years of your future at a better stead. Works out in the long run.

Trouble is with me is that I've already been to sixth form, then went to college for two years. Taking yet another year will be annoying. Sixth form was ****, can't help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Exactly. Sacrifice one year in order to have a more years of your future at a better stead. Works out in the long run.

Trouble is with me is that I've already been to sixth form, then went to college for two years. Taking yet another year will be annoying. Sixth form was ****, can't help it.
    so what have you been doing in college? resitting all your alevels?

ReputationRep:
    top uni's probably wouldnt let you in with a-levels taken in 3 years would they? ...and if thats the plan, u have to make sure the teachers at the college/6th form dont automatically accept ur grades on ur behalf like most do as its required to get into uni, because in that case, u cant resit any modules....or something like that anyways, i was lookin into repeatin maths modules whilst as uni, but i was told i need to tell them now if i dont want for them to accept the a level

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't get the grades, I would do resits in the modules that I have done the worst in , but I wouldn't go back to college (just turn up for the exams). I would most likely try and find work at a law firm in Manchester, to gain some more experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottyoneill)
    top uni's probably wouldnt let you in with a-levels taken in 3 years would they? ...and if thats the plan, u have to make sure the teachers at the college/6th form dont automatically accept ur grades on ur behalf like most do as its required to get into uni, because in that case, u cant resit any modules....or something like that anyways, i was lookin into repeatin maths modules whilst as uni, but i was told i need to tell them now if i dont want for them to accept the a level
    Most do, they just normally want higher grades second time round if you're resitting subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    so what have you been doing in college? resitting all your alevels?
    No doing completely different ones as I changed ideas on career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottyoneill)
    top uni's probably wouldnt let you in with a-levels taken in 3 years would they? ...
    Some do some don't. My first choice university is fine with it preoviding you have studied so many units worth over a course of 3 years or something. Basically that you have been in education in full time or something like that. If I find the letter I will post again.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.