Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tablet only works when plugged in. Please provide advice! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. A while ago my Samsung tablet stopped working when there was a red symbol where the battery symbol is. I followed advice online by watching a video and following the steps to take the tablet apart and unattach and reattach a part inside. It worked ok again after that.

Today my tablet turned off while I used it so I followed the same method. Plugged it in and it said it's fully charged even though it hadn't been earlier. I unplugged it and it turned off. It doesn't seem to work unless it's plugged in. Online advice says it might be the battery, what do you think? Also am I better off just buying a new tablet or should I buy a new battery and run the risk of this happening again with new battery? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i had the same problem with samsung note 10.1 back in 2013. The battery is dead, you have to go to samsung store and they will have to replace or repair battery. Mine was for free. So should yours. take ur tablets plug adapter and usb cable too.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll head to a Samsung store when I can. I've had the tablet a few years now and don't have the receipt. I have one charger and wire which may not even belong to the tablet, it may be long to my phone or even my brother's phone or tablet. I'll take it with me though. I really hope they don't charge me lol.
    Thanks for your advice! I'm glad you got your tablet sorted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Turns out my tablet is no longer under warrantee as it's over 2 years old, so it would cost over £100 to get it repaired. I'm better off buying a new one x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.