Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I currently have offers from both Bristol and Nottingham to study Economics with Econometrics. Many people have told me that these two unis have very little difference between them when pursuing a career in investment banking or a hedge fund, and that extra-curriculars and networking are more important. However, would anybody object to this and recommend one over the other?

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    Neither are targets for investment banks. Did you apply to Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    Neither are targets for investment banks. Did you apply to Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/UCL?
    Yeah I know . And I didn't as my GCSE's were appalling and my As-levels were ABBD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanCampbell1998)
    Yeah I know . And I didn't as my GCSE's were appalling and my As-levels were ABBD
    What A level subjects are you doing? Did you drop the D for AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanCampbell1998)
    It's not a big deal. And I would pick Bristol it is still highly regarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What A level subjects are you doing? Did you drop the D for AS?
    Maths - A
    Economics - B
    Business Studies - B

And indeed I dropped Politics in which I got a D!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    It's not a big deal. And I would pick Bristol it is still highly regarded.
    Thanks a lot! I'm definitely leaning towards Bristol greatly at the moment

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.