Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the questionaire point i just wrote about the fact i would have 15 questions which a alot and so would be able to gather reliable consiatant fata about a range of dreaming behaviours, im worried about the 15 marker as i dont think i was clear enoigh or linked it to my own research in enough detail, i also finished 40 mins ealer so im worried i did something wrong or missed a page!!

ReputationRep:
    When I think about it, I reckon they were telling you to use a questionnaire (rather than an interview) and asking you to evaluate questionnaires (compared to interviews)

I didn't do that though, I panicked and wrote about the length of the questionnaire (i.e. saying it would be short so as to reduce fatigue effects and response biases)

ReputationRep:
    What Was the tick box answer to Chaney data ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jude2800)
    I think it was closed! X

ReputationRep:
    I messed up between Likert and semantical differential rating scales, how much do you guys reckon it'll limit my section B long answer mark cos I'm gonna be so mad if it ends up being something like 10 mark just for that one reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jude2800)
    90% sure it was A (closed questions)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    When I think about it, I reckon they were telling you to use a questionnaire (rather than an interview) and asking you to evaluate questionnaires (compared to interviews)

I didn't do that though, I panicked and wrote about the length of the questionnaire (i.e. saying it would be short so as to reduce fatigue effects and response biases)
    Well i wrote about having a large number of questions then i gave examples of questions i usedand explained hiw this would give me a consistent affect of dreaming behaviours as a whole so yeah idk then i wrote a paragraph about my sampleing technique and included the sample of public over 18 used to make it representaitve and then a para on closed and open questions with examples abd a final para on likert questions with the advantage of giving quantitative data for easy comparisions etc.

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know if the answer was semantic differential or likert scale for that multiple choice question? Or the type of reliability one?

ReputationRep:
    That was horrendous!

Only self reports came up?
    I had soo much on experiments and observations and evaluating sampling methods etc!
    And I felt like the section B stimulus was a little misleading, it had so much information and I tried to write about all of them which i feel like was wrong.
    And for the 15 marker I didn't operationalise my variables at all and just did so badly.
    And there was sooo much maths, yet I didnt focus on it as none of the spec papers had too much maths or statistical test in them :/

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the appropriate statistical test question based on the sceneiro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedCoffee)
    does anybody know if the answer was semantic differential or likert scale for that multiple choice question? Or the type of reliability one?
    Definitely Likert, and inter-rater reliability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    We weren't told anything! It threw me off so much because my eyes kept looking at the stimulus then back to the question then back at the stimulus and I knew there was something wrong. But overall I actually struggled a lot with this paper, really didn't like it.

What did everyone put for the Aim on the first section B question because mine was so vague!
    Some of my friends operationalised the dreaming by only talking about 1 aspect and so used critical question in 15 markers but i didnt, i kept it open about dreaming behaviours differing between people as i think they were wanting to find out about dreams as a whole, i then gave examples like what is in ur last dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bee1999)
    What did people put for the appropriate statistical test question based on the sceneiro?
    If youre talking about section C I think I put Mann Whitney U

ReputationRep:
    Mann Whitney U

ReputationRep:
    If youre talking about section C I think I put Mann Whitney U

(Original post by MapleMaypole)
    That was horrendous!

I had soo much on experiments and observations and evaluating sampling methods etc!
    And I felt like the section B stimulus was a little misleading, it had so much information and I tried to write about all of them which i feel like was wrong.
    And for the 15 marker I didn't operationalise my variables at all and just did so badly.
    And there was sooo much maths, yet I didnt focus on it as none of the spec papers had too much maths or statistical test in them :/
    Yeah the specimen was a breeze in compared to what i had just encountered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MapleMaypole)
    That was horrendous!

Dont worry i dont think u needed to operationalise anything as the experimenters were trying ti find out about dreaming behaviour as a whole i think so i just wrote about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    Definitely Likert, and inter-rater reliability
    urgh so mad at myself I was going to put likert but changed my mind. At least I got the other one right. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedCoffee)
    urgh so mad at myself I was going to put likert but changed my mind. At least I got the other one right. Thanks!
    Try not to worry! It's just one mark, and it's in the past now

ReputationRep:
    I got the positive / negative skew multiple choice one wrong! I initially put negative skew but I doubted myself and changed it! Now I know I was right. Argh. That's the curse with multiple choice!!!

ReputationRep:
    Was the question 'calculate the mean percentage of words people remembered' was in the wrong place?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.