Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MapleMaypole)
    Ahhh that's annoying!
    Luckily, some of the characteristics are quite similar so you can still get some marks
    When writing the answer, I wrote affective a few times. Then had to go back and change it to psychotic.

ReputationRep:
    For me the exam couldnt have been nicer! I had done some of the exact questions before and so i ended up with 20mins spare even thouigh i wrote 3 paras for the 10 marks and 3 PEEC and conclusion and intro for the 15 markers! so chuffed tbh! Worried i missed a question but i probably didnt! Im not sure i gave enough detail in the 5 markers about the study as i didnt want to get carried away, i used the conclusions of both rain and wood in my explaination on how teachers can tutor children and how brain differnces lead to criminal behaviour is this okay? Also for the mental health 10 marker i talked about how irrational thoughts are subjective (non scientific) and how psychodynamical is not falisifiable but how ohams evolutionary explation of phobias was reliable, are these all alternatives to the medical model? i wasnt sure? Over all i think i made up for the other 2 papers! Very happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    No believe me they will, that's their job so they're used to it (plus theyve always seen worse) I thought the same with English last year (my handwriting was trash) and it came back with a very unexpected grade!
    Not even I could read some of it it was that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    I ran out of paper and there was none left in my exam what should I do?
    You complain to the school because they should have had loads of additional booklets. You also contact the exam board and tell them your school didn't give you additional answer booklets so you should get special consideration

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the methodological issues when investigating what makes a criminal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieemillss)
    What did everyone put for the methodological issues when investigating what makes a criminal?
    Reliability - Raine used lab experiment = standardised and reliable data produced
    Validity - Jahoda (another psychology study) suggested something that was invalid etc. Criminal research needs to investigate what it aims to or else youre just generalising. Raine's study was valid
    Sample -Sample needs to be big enough to take into account individual differences. Raine's sample was too small. Doesn't reflect the target population of criminals

ReputationRep:
    Jahoda - not generalisable to other cultures but you can use the concept of self fullfilling procepy in other culture.
    Raine - low ecological, but valid as highly standardised
    Bruner - Low reliablity as small sample of 5

ReputationRep:
    Reliability - Raine used lab experiment = standardised and reliable data produced
    Validity - Jahoda (another psychology study) suggested something that was invalid etc. Criminal research needs to investigate what it aims to or else youre just generalising. Raine's study was valid
    Sample -Sample needs to be big enough to take into account individual differences. Raine's sample was too small. Doesn't reflect the target population of criminals
    Thank you! That's kind of what I put too!
    Could you bring in ethics and them not being standardised as well? I just don't think the points I made were strong enough...

ReputationRep:
    just relased evolutionary theory is in the medical model bit but i wrote about it as an alternative as tbh i think its more of an alternative, its not medical at all! will i get mark??

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! That's kind of what I put too!
    Could you bring in ethics and them not being standardised as well? I just don't think the points I made were strong enough...
    Yes you can! You could have mentioned
    Sample
    reliability
    research method
    design
    ethics
    validity
    data collected
    data analysis
    IV/DV operationalisation
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can! You could have mentioned
    Sample
    reliability
    research method
    design
    ethics
    validity
    data collected
    data analysis
    IV/DV operationalisation
    etc.
    Aw thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    That exam went pretty good for me!!
    The mental health I thought I messed up beacuse I went blank when I read 'alternatives to medical model' but I wrote a bit about cognitive and behaviourist and I think it wasn't as bad as I thought, but not sure how well I linked it to science
    The psychotic disorder I talked about schizophrenia but I really wasn't sure how to get 6 marks
    Other than that mental health was alright
    Child was alright with topic four and I remembered enough information to put into the 15 marker from background research and then for the part c ten marker on revision strategies I messed up and read it as sixth form students but hopefully I won't lose too much from that, also I put a bit of Grant in there because I ran out of suggestions!
    Criminal was beautiful - topic one made up for so much
    Methodological issues I said reliability, validity and sampling bias
    And where it said about biological suggestions to prevent crime I used ones like raine's mauritus study with omega three and smoking during pregnancy also scanning for the MAOA gene (Brunner)
    I managed to stick to 40 minutes per section even though I sat there for like five minutes sitting there getting confused about the alternatives to the medical model
    overall I'm pretty happy!
    Finished my exams too! Anyone else doing psychology at Uni next year?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get to finish the last quesion because i ran out of paper and had no spare booklets in the exam hall when i had 5 minutes left. What should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    I didnt get to finish the last quesion because i ran out of paper and had no spare booklets in the exam hall when i had 5 minutes left. What should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You complain to the school saying that they may have made you lose marks and possibly a grade and you also contact the exam board telling them that so you get special consideration. It isn't your fault and the school should have had hundreds available.

ReputationRep:
    so i It was such a good exam but so annoyed i messed up by talking about evolutionary theory which comes under medical model and also in the last crime out i spoke about nutritional and exercise programmes and a diet to include omega 3 which isnt biological so annoyed as i could have easily talked about omega 3 suuplements, i also did 2 oter paragraphs in each case which i think counted eg. smoking to reduce prenatal testererone.Do you think i'll loose too much? soo dissapointed in myself Also any overall grade bounadry pridctions?

ReputationRep:
    I really messed up, I freaked out basically, I was predicted a A but now im thinking I'll get a E. At least I'll take the grade boundaries down for y'all :,)

ReputationRep:
    Dont know whether i will get any marks as i talked about Dixon Et Als research for what makes a criminal a criminal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlycharl)
    Dont know whether i will get any marks as i talked about Dixon Et Als research for what makes a criminal a criminal ?
    For part A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlycharl)
    You might if your points were good. But Raine was the key research for what makes a criminal

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.