?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think she should
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No one has heard of her, and she's another Blair-worshiping neocon sociopath. She should be thrown down a well, not given leadership of a party.
RedManc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Skin)
No one has heard of her, and she's another Blair-worshiping neocon sociopath. She should be thrown down a well, not given leadership of a party.
She is not blairite.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
YES!

Who's Gisela Stuart?
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by MildredMalone)
YES!

Who's Gisela Stuart?
A labour MP who took a leading role in the leave campaign
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 4Skin)
She isn't a Blairite on Europe, she turned into a nasty little Brexiteer, especially interesting because she is German and had at all times previously been a consistent critical Remainer. However, to be fair to her, she's always been an intelligent politician who could express ideas and seem interested in real debates and not just soundbites.
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
She isn't a Blairite on Europe, she turned into a nasty little Brexiteer, especially interesting because she is German and had at all times previously been a consistent critical Remainer. However, to be fair to her, she's always been an intelligent politician who could express ideas and seem interested in real debates and not just soundbites.
I guess you voted Remain
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RedManc)
I think she should
No as long as Jeremy Corbyn is leader of the labour party , this country is in good hands!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-j-TGWuGQ
username2808800
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess you voted Remain
Hes a remoaner
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by fleky6910)
No as long as Jeremy Corbyn is leader of the labour party , this country is in good hands!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-j-TGWuGQ
No it won't. Jeremy Corbyn is a nice lad but he is completely useless.
username2808800
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes the country is in good hand as long as he's leader of the labour party.

#Landslide victory for the tories
username2808800
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You need to replace the bold with the labour party

The labour party is completely useless.
More like it now , lol
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by fleky6910)
You need to replace the bold with the labour party

More like it now , lol
I guess you would like a one party state. The government needs a strong opposition.
username2808800
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess you would like a one party state. The government needs a strong opposition.
No , UKIP can be the opposition. Or the lib dems. Maybe even the SNP.
The lib dems threaten our majority more than labour
All have proved to be a better opposition than the labour party.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gisela Stuart is one of those rare politicians who is going tobe utterly objectionable to someone no matter what you believe.

She's a German Labour MP, who is anti EU, pro-LGBT, voted for Iraq War, for student fees and supported George W. Bush.

There is almost no-one outside her own constituency who would vote for her, and she doesn't exactly have a huge majority there. You can't have a leader who is only marginal in their own seat. It's a fair bet if Corbyn clings on till the next GE, she'll have lost her seat and won't be around to take over afterwards.
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
Gisela Stuart is one of those rare politicians who is going tobe utterly objectionable to someone no matter what you believe.

She's a German Labour MP, who is anti EU, pro-LGBT, voted for Iraq War, for student fees and supported George W. Bush.

There is almost no-one outside her own constituency who would vote for her, and she doesn't exactly have a huge majority there. You can't have a leader who is only marginal in their own seat. It's a fair bet if Corbyn clings on till the next GE, she'll have lost her seat and won't be around to take over afterwards.
She will keep her seat and she'll double her majority
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Team Clive Lewis!
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)

Those views appear rather sound in my opinion. And if Labour wants to win the next election they need to appeal to voters like myself who fit into the higher end working class/lower end middle class bracket.
RedManc
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Team Clive Lewis!
Clive Lewis is a good shout.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She will keep her seat and she'll double her majority
She'll be out by at least 3000. Pre-Blair, her seat was relatively safe Tory territory, which she reversed, but has been pretty much shrinking since 1997. She's gone from a majority of 5000 to under 1500 in 2010. She increased her majority in 2015 on a swing from LibDem to Labour. Also, the UKIP vote went from a few hundred to several thousand.

To me, it's just more of the same Labour insanity. The whole reason Gisela Stuart is around is because she's a centre ground politician who is on some Tory turf. This is how they won elections and effected their change - not with hard-left lunatics like Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, who believe some things that even Castro didn't.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like there's any immediate prospect of the current Labour Party changing. They hate Blair, but can't seem to get it through their heads, that since Callahgan, Blair is the only Labour leader to have won an election - and he won three. What does that tell you? Certainly not that the British public are looking for a drastic shift, not just to the left, but to Marxist-Leninism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (56)
40%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
17.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (14)
10%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.71%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.29%

Watched Threads