Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Gisela Stuart replace Jeremy Corbyn Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    She'll be out by at least 3000. Pre-Blair, her seat was relatively safe Tory territory, which she reversed, but has been pretty much shrinking since 1997. She's gone from a majority of 5000 to under 1500 in 2010. She increased her majority in 2015 on a swing from LibDem to Labour. Also, the UKIP vote went from a few hundred to several thousand.

To me, it's just more of the same Labour insanity. The whole reason Gisela Stuart is around is because she's a centre ground politician who is on some Tory turf. This is how they won elections and effected their change - not with hard-left lunatics like Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, who believe some things that even Castro didn't.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like there's any immediate prospect of the current Labour Party changing. They hate Blair, but can't seem to get it through their heads, that since Callahgan, Blair is the only Labour leader to have won an election - and he won three. What does that tell you? Certainly not that the British public are looking for a drastic shift, not just to the left, but to Marxist-Leninism.
    Mark my words, she will keep her seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Mark my words, she will keep her seat.
    Any other predictions?

Personally, I wouldn't be too confident she'll even make it to the next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Any other predictions?

Personally, I wouldn't be too confident she'll even make it to the next election.
    Corbyn will lose the next election, and he'll get 190 seats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Corbyn will lose the next election, and he'll get 190 seats
    I think that's fairly sound.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh nobody should. Corbyn is too popular and many of the members have strong support for him, they may as well throw their support behind him and hope for the best instead of their MP's persistently disrespecting him and throwing around the bizarre narrative that he's unelectable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Tbh nobody should. Corbyn is too popular and many of the members have strong support for him, they may as well throw their support behind him and hope for the best instead of their MP's persistently disrespecting him and throwing around the bizarre narrative that he's unelectable.
    I originally supported Corbyn but time is running out and I don't think he is capable of turning it around. I'd rather John McDonnell take over, but he is too toxic in the eyes of the electorate. Gisela Stuart, Dan Jarvis, Clive Lewis and Keir Starmer are the best people to take over.

ReputationRep:
    I think Jeremy Corbyn is slightly weak when it comes to Brexit negotiations. Hes never worked as PM n 10 downing street and thinks he can do a better job. He is too soft. He has criticised Philip Hammond for going hard this morning.

Jeremy Corbyn doesnt realise that the only option we have is to go hard on Brexit. EU has said to us if you want access to single market, you need to pay and accept migration or fook off. They have harsh demands.

"The UK may be forced to change its "economic model" if it is locked out of the single market after Brexit, Chancellor Philip Hammond has said.
    Mr Hammond said the government would not "lie down" and would "do whatever we have to do" to remain competitive.
    He had been asked by a German newspaper if the UK could become a "tax haven" by further lowering corporation tax.
    Labour's Jeremy Corbyn said his comments sounded like "a recipe for some kind of trade war with Europe".

Jeremy Corbyn is wrong and weak. We are not doing a trade war. We are taking back control from horrible EU single market demands. What Philip Hammond said was normal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    No , UKIP can be the opposition. Or the lib dems. Maybe even the SNP.
    The lib dems threaten our majority more than labour
    All have proved to be a better opposition than the labour party.
    'Our'

Rofl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.