Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am new here, I have done a ton of research on various Universities in the UK, and chose University Of Sheffield, but thanks to my friend who persuaded me to check out Canada, I ended up liking UBC, now I am damn confused which UNI to choose need advice, I am going for Mechanical Engineering.

Studies apart, I also want a comparison on the extra-curriculars (Sports etc. Boxing and MMA especially) that take place over there and the social life aswell.

Thanks
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's fairly unlikely you will someone with experience of both...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • Vancouver typically tops the pops in 'World's most livable city' surveys. Sheffield typically does not.
    • Vancouver is about to become the West's first majority (East-) Asian city. The influx of wealthy Chinese has pushed property prices through the roof and this is now one of the world's more costly cities.
    • UBC is better regarded than Sheffield U, for all that Sheffield is perfectly respectable.
    • If you want to go to UBC, you will want to confirm which campus it is. People only imagining Vancouver find themselves placed in the satellite campus in Kelowna (BC is much bigger than most European countries: being on the other campus doesn't mean being just outside town).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    • Vancouver typically tops the pops in 'World's most livable city' surveys. Sheffield typically does not.
    • Vancouver is about to become the West's first majority (East-) Asian city. The influx of wealthy Chinese has pushed property prices through the roof and this is now one of the world's more costly cities.
    • UBC is better regarded than Sheffield U, for all that Sheffield is perfectly respectable.
    • If you want to go to UBC, you will want to confirm which campus it is. People only imagining Vancouver find themselves placed in the satellite campus in Kelowna (BC is much bigger than most European countries: being on the other campus doesn't mean being just outside town).
    I am planning for the Vancouver Campus, how's the social life comparatively? I am Indian by the way. Also how's the MMA scene or any fighting sport out there? I would like to practice and take part in opportunities related to it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.