Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'd like to begin by saying I'm not too sure what I'm doing, as this is my first time posting haha
    I opted to take both French and German at gsce, as I consider them one of my stronger subjects. I am currently in year 10, and I'm not sure if I should be doing revision this early on, but I just want to ground myself with all of the grammar points, vocabulary etc, since there is so much more to learn for the new 2018 spec! So if you have any revision tips, websites, books, etc that would be helpful (preferably for AQA) please share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethb2516)
    Hello everyone, I'd like to begin by saying I'm not too sure what I'm doing, as this is my first time posting haha
    I opted to take both French and German at gsce, as I consider them one of my stronger subjects. I am currently in year 10, and I'm not sure if I should be doing revision this early on, but I just want to ground myself with all of the grammar points, vocabulary etc, since there is so much more to learn for the new 2018 spec! So if you have any revision tips, websites, books, etc that would be helpful (preferably for AQA) please share
    Definitely use Memrise and/or Quizlet. Go on there and type in your exam board, all important topic related words should be there.

Duolingo is also really good for going over grammar and picking up new vocab

ReputationRep:
    slowgerman is such a good website; its a woman who speaks german in a slower speech and she's written all her transcripts in the description box underneath each podcast; it's a good way to get used to the German speech. I also think watching german/french translations of favourite cartoons/movies is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with 2 languages! I am in year 11 doing french and german like you, kind of regretting it tbh. The way my school works, my teacher has to set all the controlled assessments within days of each other so I end up missing one and now i'm behind in both languages :/ Also you will most probably get them mixed up, but think about it this way: if you are in an exam doing french writing (controlled assessment already prepared) and forget the french word but you know the german, write the german instead. you get deducted less than if you write it in english
    Best of luck and if you need help or anything just message me x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethb2516)
    Guess I could help a bit. studied German in a German school for 4 years. fluent learning french at the moment too... could help a bit i guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.