Gsce French/German revision

Watch this thread
Bethb2516
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello everyone, I'd like to begin by saying I'm not too sure what I'm doing, as this is my first time posting haha
I opted to take both French and German at gsce, as I consider them one of my stronger subjects. I am currently in year 10, and I'm not sure if I should be doing revision this early on, but I just want to ground myself with all of the grammar points, vocabulary etc, since there is so much more to learn for the new 2018 spec! So if you have any revision tips, websites, books, etc that would be helpful (preferably for AQA) please share
snutty
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bethb2516)
Hello everyone, I'd like to begin by saying I'm not too sure what I'm doing, as this is my first time posting haha
I opted to take both French and German at gsce, as I consider them one of my stronger subjects. I am currently in year 10, and I'm not sure if I should be doing revision this early on, but I just want to ground myself with all of the grammar points, vocabulary etc, since there is so much more to learn for the new 2018 spec! So if you have any revision tips, websites, books, etc that would be helpful (preferably for AQA) please share
Definitely use Memrise and/or Quizlet. Go on there and type in your exam board, all important topic related words should be there.

Duolingo is also really good for going over grammar and picking up new vocab
saharan_skies
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
slowgerman is such a good website; its a woman who speaks german in a slower speech and she's written all her transcripts in the description box underneath each podcast; it's a good way to get used to the German speech. I also think watching german/french translations of favourite cartoons/movies is a good idea.
villalauren
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Good luck with 2 languages! I am in year 11 doing french and german like you, kind of regretting it tbh. The way my school works, my teacher has to set all the controlled assessments within days of each other so I end up missing one and now i'm behind in both languages :/ Also you will most probably get them mixed up, but think about it this way: if you are in an exam doing french writing (controlled assessment already prepared) and forget the french word but you know the german, write the german instead. you get deducted less than if you write it in english
Best of luck and if you need help or anything just message me x
Pawafallz
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bethb2516)
Guess I could help a bit. studied German in a German school for 4 years. fluent learning french at the moment too... could help a bit i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads