Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My school has changed to the new gcse system (where grading is now 9-1) and since each subject is becoming much harder they are convincing us ALL to take double award instead of the triple award for AQA science. My school is adamant that if you take the double award it will be easier to achieve the top grades and that it is already hard enough since a level topics are now on the new specification. However I don't understand how the triple award (which has more content) IS NOT going to be more beneficial in the future
    Anyone else's school changing to the new gcse? And if so, are you going to choose the double or triple award?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You see, majority of teachers are like this. Please do triple science when you know you are capable of it. Yes, triple science is harder but if you want the top jobs in science like a doctor for e.g you have a much better chance of becoming one. Triple science also acts like a stepping stone to a levels and so a levels wont come too much as a shock than doing double science and then going on to a levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.