Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My school has changed to the new gcse system (where grading is now 9-1) and since each subject is becoming much harder they are convincing us ALL to take double award instead of the triple award for AQA science. My school is adamant that if you take the double award it will be easier to achieve the top grades and that it is already hard enough since a level topics are now on the new specification. However I don't understand how the triple award (which has more content) IS NOT going to be more beneficial in the future
    Anyone else's school changing to the new gcse? And if so, are you going to choose the double or triple award?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    All schools are changing to the 9-1 GCSE. It is a government mandate from Ofqual, and all exam boards are changing to the new GCSE style. I think the teachers are stressing you too much. Triple science is going to be hard, but if you like science and are willing to work hard, by all means take it. I think they're just trying to ward off lazy people from taking it. It's going to be somewhat beneficial, especially if you take A Level sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razzy02)
    My school has changed to the new gcse system (where grading is now 9-1) and since each subject is becoming much harder they are convincing us ALL to take double award instead of the triple award for AQA science. My school is adamant that if you take the double award it will be easier to achieve the top grades and that it is already hard enough since a level topics are now on the new specification. However I don't understand how the triple award (which has more content) IS NOT going to be more beneficial in the future
    Anyone else's school changing to the new gcse? And if so, are you going to choose the double or triple award?
    Thanks
    IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!! READ MY STORY INSTEAD AND HELP ME OUT. THEN YOU WONT BE CURSED AND YOU'LL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION.

Help!! My friend grows bacteria!! ;( How am i gna live with him???
    THIS HAPPENED AT UNI, DUNNO WHAT TO DO!

So basically yh... we agreed that myself and my other mate are going to move in with this friend (we'll call him X) and made this plan 2 month ago. However, we were told by X's flat mate that he is the flatmate from HELL!! he leaves food in the kitchen for 3 weeks to the point where blue bacteria grows on it like wtf.. he doesnt wash his dishes and when he does, he merely wipes it and puts it away... furthermore, he takes up 95% of the freezer... and the rest of the 5 flat mates have to share the rest of the fridge... when they confront X about this, he says hes busy and gets confrontational. X's flatmate has said we can move in with him, but we dont wana snake X as hes a cool guy. I cant deal with bacterial colonies in our kitchen... and as for the toilet, lets not mention that. And dont get me started on X's flatmates protein powder. He only said he can borrow some of the powder. A normal person would borrow a scoop or two max, he decided to use the whole 40kilo bag in one day... (exaggeration but it was finished lol)... someone help us wat shall we do. even if he promises hes gna not do it i dont wana get tied down in a year long rental contract. Appreciate the help. thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.