Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please answer these questions as I need answers for a project.

Did you go to a comprehensive or grammar school?

What GCSE results did you get?

What is your ethnicity and sex?

How wealthy are you (middle class or working class).

What was your attendance?

What was your home life like at the time (e.g. did you have a part time job for extra money).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Private school and grammar sixth form.

9 A*s and 1 A.

White and male (yes, I'm checking my privilege)

Middle class to upper middle class.

100%.

Didn't have a job, but got pocket money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Comprehensive
    9-A*-B

White British & Male

upper middle class

80% (during sixth form) 95% ish during GCSE

What was your home life like at the time (e.g. did you have a part time job for extra money). during GCSE played games all day
    During A-levels i worked as a lifeguard and played games when i was off work and revised at about march 3 times a week for 2 hours until exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robyn55)

Comprehensive
    2A* 6A 2B
    White & Female
    Lower middle class
    90% ish
    What was your home life like at the time (e.g. did you have a part time job for extra money).
    Part time job on Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Sound like a questionnaire whose answers will be used to find the correlation between GCSE results, ethnicity, sex, social class, attendance, and home life.

1. Did you go to a comprehensive or grammar school?
    I went to a normal school. Wikipedia says it is a foundation school that was purposely built to be a comprehensive school.

2. What GCSE results did you get?
    1 A, 3 Bs, 6 Cs. However, I only had one year to do my GCSEs so my situation is uncommon. I also have GCSE equivalents which average over 80%.

3. What is your ethnicity and sex?
    I am a Causasian female.

4. How wealthy are you (working class, middle class, etc)?
    Working class.

5. What was your attendance?
    About 48%.

6. What was your home life like at the time (e.g. did you have a part time job for extra money)?
    (I do not know if this is the answer you wanted, but here it is.) My home life was... troubled, I guess? My home life has never been great but things were calmer in this period of time than in my average year. My mother kept on stressing me out about my attendance, was pestering my sister to get a job due to her own (not my sister's) financial problems, took out all her negative emotions on me and my sister as usual, etc. She is quite the heavy drinker (and by that I mean an alcoholic), so she was drunk relatively often. When she was home, my mother was always smoking and most likely drinking in the living room, so we did not spend much time together (she tried to talk to me and I tended to avoid her as much as possible, in fact). My sister and I got along really well, though we did argue occasionally. My mental state was decreasing thanks to exam stress and I even had nightmares about failing GCSE. I had a suicide attempt in May, during my exams, which was out of personal reasons. I did not have a part time job and neither did my sister. I spent all of my time in school reading books in the library so I did not really have many friends, but my classmates were very nice. Overall, I would say it was less troubled than usual, I suppose. It was not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply Michiyo, you're sort of right about what the questions are for, I'm doing A level sociology and I need the research for a project.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Robyn55)
    Thanks for the reply Michiyo, you're sort of right about what the questions are for, I'm doing A level sociology and I need the research for a project.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are more than welcome

I thought so :proud: I initially thought it may be for psychology, but then I saw the rest of the questions and decided it must be for sociology. I did sociology myself so I know how it is like Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Michiyo 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.