Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got a couple of things to cover here.

1) I got my offer for East Kilbride on the Thursday the 9th of March so I'd expect to have had the checks completed and have a start date announced on the Thursday the 6th of April. I would think logically a start date of Monday the 8th of May would be right so it gives people time to contact their employer to hand in notice.

2) My current situation is I'm being put forward in work to attend a training session which I'm the only available colleague in my work to go. The training course is in three weeks from now. I accepted the going to the course for my current employer as I didn't know what the outcome of the interview was at the time. If I pass the checks and get a start date of the 8th of May or earlier it will mean I won't have enough time when I return to work to have rolled out what I have learned with my current employer so wasting company time and money and resources. I don't know if I could manage to get an advance notice or a speedier response to an offer of a start date and office given my current situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyboy247)
    Got a couple of things to cover here.

1) I got my offer for East Kilbride on the Thursday the 9th of March so I'd expect to have had the checks completed and have a start date announced on the Thursday the 6th of April. I would think logically a start date of Monday the 8th of May would be right so it gives people time to contact their employer to hand in notice.

2) My current situation is I'm being put forward in work to attend a training session which I'm the only available colleague in my work to go. The training course is in three weeks from now. I accepted the going to the course for my current employer as I didn't know what the outcome of the interview was at the time. If I pass the checks and get a start date of the 8th of May or earlier it will mean I won't have enough time when I return to work to have rolled out what I have learned with my current employer so wasting company time and money and resources. I don't know if I could manage to get an advance notice or a speedier response to an offer of a start date and office given my current situation?
    Hmm maybe its best to inform your employer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    Hmm maybe its best to inform your employer
    I don't want to tell my current employer I have a new job until I've passed the checks and have that email of a start date. My current employer would just ask me to leave within 28 days of me telling them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    Will you be working shipley office iv been offered bradford

I had my interview in Bradford and I put it down as my second option. I wouldn't mind either tbh! Congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loose167)
    I had my interview in Bradford and I put it down as my second option. I wouldn't mind either tbh! Congrats on your offer
    oh ok well done

ReputationRep:
    Any1 heard anything as yet on offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Any1 heard anything as yet on offers?
    Nothing yet.. slight feeling we will hear tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tompatto93)
    Nothing yet.. slight feeling we will hear tonight
    Hopefully, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I've got a feeling we aren't going to hear anything. Process is so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)
    I've got a feeling we aren't going to hear anything. Process is so frustrating
    It's really frustrating, but we just have to wait im expecting to be Put on a reserve list, but nobody I know has had a offer for Liverpool yet.

ReputationRep:
    Any news ppl??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any updates?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any updates?
    Zilch at the minute...

ReputationRep:
    My guess is we won't hear anything until the end of this week or even month for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    This is so frustrating 😑

ReputationRep:
    Starting to loose hope and interest now, 10 days is 10 days, don't like to be negative but by the sounds of the people who heard back Thursday / Friday they where the final offers, expecting the reserve email now. Rather just be told than made to wait like this..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tompatto93)
    Starting to loose hope and interest now, 10 days is 10 days, don't like to be negative but by the sounds of the people who heard back Thursday / Friday they where the final offers, expecting the reserve email now. Rather just be told than made to wait like this..
    See I think that but then I think they need people to start in Liverpool so it doesn't really make sense that all Liverpool are just on the reserve. I heard Liverpool is taking on the most people and that's why they are trying to figure out where everyone is going

ReputationRep:
    See I think that but then I think they need people to start in Liverpool so it doesn't really make sense that all Liverpool are just on the reserve. I heard Liverpool is taking on the most people and that's why they are trying to figure out where everyone is going

Yeah I agree, am going to email them today and see what I get back.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone whose still waiting I have just dropped them a little nudging email I will keep use informed if and when I get a email back.

ReputationRep:
    I recieved this email after asking them what is happining yesterday

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we’re unable to give any definitive timescales at present for when you will be contacted with the next update to your application. We will be in touch as soon as we have any further information. Thank you for your patience and congratulations on your success to date. Kind regards, HMRC Resourcing Support Team HMRC Resourcing Support Team is a division of ManpowerGroup Solutions. Manpower UK Limited; Registered Office Capital Court, Windsor Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1AB. Registered in England No:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.