Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just want to be able to get a start date given to me in the month of March as April in my current job is going to suck as three people have left and the boss hasn't got new people hired yet to take their place. This means I'm being put under pressure to work overtime when I've had my hours changed five times since November of last year. I used to not work weekends at all now I work Evert second weekend. With the other people leaving we are so short on staff I'm being harrased into coming in on my weekend off. I don't want to. I've adapted to a changed rota five times in four months so it's been hard on me to plan a work life balance Ive had enough. This is why I so desperately want to work for HMRC as at least you know we'll in advance what days you work a late Friday and Saturday shifts. I want my start date so I can break free.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know once you send all the pre emp check forms off do they contact you back? Or is that it now till you hear about them being successful? I just had the usual 48 hour email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqhsa)
    Hi thank you, I have applied for Bathgate too, I am just getting my Pre-Employment Checked and my references everything from my side is complete now just waiting to hear back from them as I have already recieved my DBS Certificate recently. All the best.
    Hi Aqhsa

And you too ! Maybe see you up there in the not too distant future.

ReputationRep:
    The checks are pretty quick guys it's nothing major so hopefully we hear back by the end of the month as that would plan out nicely for me, sent my forms etc off last night. Can't wait to hand my notice in and be gone of current DUMP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcas21082)
    Hi Aqhsa

And you too ! Maybe see you up there in the not too distant future.
    hi and yeah hopefully see you soon 👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyboy247)
    I just want to be able to get a start date given to me in the month of March as April in my current job is going to suck as three people have left and the boss hasn't got new people hired yet to take their place. This means I'm being put under pressure to work overtime when I've had my hours changed five times since November of last year. I used to not work weekends at all now I work Evert second weekend. With the other people leaving we are so short on staff I'm being harrased into coming in on my weekend off. I don't want to. I've adapted to a changed rota five times in four months so it's been hard on me to plan a work life balance Ive had enough. This is why I so desperately want to work for HMRC as at least you know we'll in advance what days you work a late Friday and Saturday shifts. I want my start date so I can break free.
    Yeah its just a waiting game now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tompatto93)
    Does anyone know once you send all the pre emp check forms off do they contact you back? Or is that it now till you hear about them being successful? I just had the usual 48 hour email.
    Once you send them off it take about 5 days for them to check I get a feeling you'll get your formal offer this month and your start date will be in May

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back for Liverpool - Triad? Getting beyond a joke now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)
    Has anyone heard back for Liverpool - Triad? Getting beyond a joke now
    No, still waiting 😡

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazlin)
    No, still waiting 😡
    Still waiting as well...

ReputationRep:
    sent all my forms and did dbs last night .im sure checks wont take longer than 2weeks.also am sure start date is 24th april

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian_Morris)
    Once you send them off it take about 5 days for them to check I get a feeling you'll get your formal offer this month and your start date will be in May
    That isn't long then, timed well if they give me a offer at the end of the month we will see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    sent all my forms and did dbs last night .im sure checks wont take longer than 2weeks.also am sure start date is 24th april
    I been waiting over two weeks now hoping the last week of March something comes through

ReputationRep:
    My DBS was submitted on Monday. The certificate was dispatched today, very quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    My DBS was submitted on Monday. The certificate was dispatched today, very quick.
    nice you should get that on Friday or Saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    nice you should get that on Friday or Saturday
    It's about the only part of the process that has been quick! Will the recruitment team get a copy or do I need to disclose it?

ReputationRep:
    It's about the only part of the process that has been quick! Will the recruitment team get a copy or do I need to disclose it?
    I think they get a copy
    what day did you send your PEC forms back ?

ReputationRep:
    i declared my tv licence conviction. dreading it hope it doesnt go against me.i got a job at a bank and didnt get it because of tv licence

ReputationRep:
    the longest part of this process has been my interview on 6th January to Provisional off on 27th February lol

ReputationRep:
    How long from the PEC process did it take people to get their formal offer? I've seen a few people getting their formal offer

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.