Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My contacts refs have been contacted today so there moving quickly

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we are going to hear anything today. Just got a feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tompatto93)
    My contacts refs have been contacted today so there moving quickly
    Hopefully we'll here beginning of next week fingers crossed, where have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethxparkinson)
    Hopefully we'll here beginning of next week fingers crossed, where have you applied for?
    I applied for Liverpool I filled on of the pension forms out wrong so they asked me to resend it over and I missed the box on the character ref if I have ever been dismissed from the civil service ( which I haven't ) so I've confirmed what they have asked for and sent it all over. Refs have been contacted so it's moving quickly hopefully get a formal offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Liverpool I filled on of the pension forms out wrong so they asked me to resend it over and I missed the box on the character ref if I have ever been dismissed from the civil service ( which I haven't ) so I've confirmed what they have asked for and sent it all over. Refs have been contacted so it's moving quickly hopefully get a formal offer soon!
    I applied for Manchester, sent my forms off on Monday and my DBS is on the last stage now, looks like we're at the same stage

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think its worth ringing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)
    Do you have their contact number? As I can't find their contact number.

ReputationRep:
    Yes defo. What is there number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gexway22)
    Yes defo. What is there number?
    I acctually cannot find one. I have been searching. I am in work until 7 now, I was on my dinner and tried to find a number. Maybe try ringing the HMRC and asking for the recruitment number? This is a joke now

ReputationRep:
    Is there a number, thought we could only communicate via email?

ReputationRep:
    Try this 08435069261

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing 😑 I don't know why but I'm still checking every hour. Infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will probably be tomorrow. Can't see it being today

ReputationRep:
    I think it will probably be tomorrow. Can't see it being today
    If it isn't tomorrow I am giving up all hope tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ring manpower, they should have a number. They are dealing with the recruitment

ReputationRep:
    Here's HMRC/Manpower recruitment number. They rang me twice on it the other day. Bear in mind it take ages for them to answer! Seeing a trend here!
    01895 204582

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Can someone ring? I am in work until 19:30

ReputationRep:
    You may still get an email today i got mine at 11.30 at night .iv started my checks too sent in all my paper work tuesday night my dbs has already been dispatched

ReputationRep:
    Hit a barrier on my character references my partners dad has accidentally said he has only known me 2 years, and my other ref accidentally didn't put anything in how long they have know me ( they have known me for 10 years ) what will happen will they decline the references or continue?

ReputationRep:
    Hit a barrier on my character references my partners dad has accidentally said he has only known me 2 years, and my other ref accidentally didn't put anything in how long they have know me ( they have known me for 10 years ) what will happen will they decline the references or continue?
    They might ask you to give two additional references as my two references didn't respond so they asked me to give them two additional references but due to one responded back after I told them to check their email. I sent 1 additional reference back and they end up spelling my name wrong in the form now I am wondering too hope that does not cause any more issues if so I will send another reference if they ask again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.