Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizC1991)
    I have just received a provisional offer for Bootle. So happy!! What happens next? and how long does it all take?
    Ah fabulous, congrats!
    Still a fair bit of waiting. After my provisional I got my checks 10 days later, that was last Thursday and everything is completed apart from they've not yet contacted my referees

ReputationRep:
    Do I just have to Email them with my name to accept the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just emailed saying 'I (with my full name) formally accept...' and just added in location to be sure

ReputationRep:
    I have just received a provisional offer for Bootle. So happy!! What happens next? and how long does it all take?
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Excepted formal offer yesterdsy and received comfirmation today.says i will receive another email about next steps.whats this other email im going to get.iv got all my info.my office,who to see on first day what to bring ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriamj)
    Ah fabulous, congrats!
    Still a fair bit of waiting. After my provisional I got my checks 10 days later, that was last Thursday and everything is completed apart from they've not yet contacted my referees
    Thank you i'm made up!

They said my start date won't be until July-October, bit of a wait but still, so happy!

ReputationRep:
    Mine took just over a month but I then started to phone them to say I had been declining other roles so I needed to know if I would be offered a position. After that I was contacted within 2 days and got offer.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you i'm made up!

They said my start date won't be until July-October, bit of a wait but still, so happy!c
    Dont think it would take that long who told u that anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    Excepted formal offer yesterdsy and received comfirmation today.says i will receive another email about next steps.whats this other email im going to get.iv got all my info.my office,who to see on first day what to bring ect
    I got the same email after accepting offer. Don't know what kind of further step is this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chandramoli)
    I got the same email after accepting offer. Don't know what kind of further step is this.
    Hi
    I sent you a private message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyboy247)
    Yeehaa! 8th may start date. East Kilbride.
    Hi I just got a provisional offer just wanted to ask
    How long to hear back from accepting the provisional offer?
    Is the dbs standard or enhanced?
    Do they contact your doctor for health check?
    Do they contact your current employer?
    How long do the checks take to complete?
    How long after the checks did they give you your offer?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie0122)
    Hi I just got a provisional offer just wanted to ask
    How long to hear back from accepting the provisional offer?
    Is the dbs standard or enhanced?
    Do they contact your doctor for health check?
    Do they contact your current employer?
    How long do the checks take to complete?
    How long after the checks did they give you your offer?
    Thanks
    Took 13dayd for my checks email.its a standard dbs they do doesnt take no more than a week to get it back.they do not contact your current employer.they only contact your doc if you declare a serious medical condition.the whole procesd to get a formal can take up to a month.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how the shift patterns work after the training? So do you have one fixed shift everyday for a certain number of weeks, which is subject to change? Or do you have different shifts everyday? Is everyone on the team working different hours? Is it on a weekly/ monthly basis?

ReputationRep:
    Do I just have to Email them with my name to accept the offer?
    Yes, I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    to be honest I got the same email as you but straight after this email never recieved any other emails and now on my training session at hmrc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chandramoli)
    to be honest I got the same email as you but straight after this email never recieved any other emails and now on my training session at hmrc.

ReputationRep:
    Will I also get a copy of my dbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okiedokes)
    Just wondering how the shift patterns work after the training? So do you have one fixed shift everyday for a certain number of weeks, which is subject to change? Or do you have different shifts everyday? Is everyone on the team working different hours? Is it on a weekly/ monthly basis?
    hi, hmrc sent me this info in my formal offer regarding work patterns:

Your initial working pattern will be Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700. Your standard working pattern will be full time 37 hours across‘5 days of 7’ meaning that you will be required to work five out of seven days on a rota basis covering various working patterns between 0800 and 2200, this may include public or privilege holidays. All staff are normally expected to cover shift patterns mid-week and at weekends. This initial pattern is likely to change in the future subject to business need; you will be given two weeks’ advance notice of this. For example, you could be asked to work shifts from 1100 to 1900 or 1200 to 2000; you may also be required to work weekends in the future

Hope that helps! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you'll receive a copy in the post to keep and I think hmrc get an electronic copy

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.