Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sssun)
    Same start date as me but at a different location. Did they actually mention that it's felxitime to you? I think in June you will get a full months money, the last week of May and all of June apart from the last week of June as that will roll into july
    We definitely get flexitime. Job application mentions it, as well as the government website, and a lot of my interview at HMRC went over the practicalities of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethxparkinson)
    What department are you in? I've been given 5th June as my start date for Manchester and got that offer 2 weeks ago
    I think I'm PT but I haven't been told that, I'm waiting for more information still about the start.

ReputationRep:
    Champion. They didn't mention it to me and the way I read it it was gonna be fixed shifts.

ReputationRep:
    just got an email from them.the changed my office now at the new building in bradford interchange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    They take about 7-10 days before sending u pre-employement check docs
    Thanks for the reply, did you get a email back after accepting the provisional offer just to confirm your acceptance? I didn't get anything after accepting so I'm a bit worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sssun)
    Champion. They didn't mention it to me and the way I read it it was gonna be fixed shifts.
    I think they just make sure that you are aware of any eventuality regarding shifts, if they need to change them at any time, they are covered as we were advised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie0122)
    Thanks for the reply, did you get a email back after accepting the provisional offer just to confirm your acceptance? I didn't get anything after accepting so I'm a bit worried
    It goes quiet for a while, don't worry. A lot of us had to chase them but they will come back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    just got an email from them.the changed my office now at the new building in bradford interchange
    Oh crikey, is that an issue for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    Oh crikey, is that an issue for you?
    no thank god its closer than other office and nicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    ah thats cool and guessing cus i start on that same week will have to wait till the lst working day of may might get a bit extra
    hows it going on your 2nd week
    Yeah 2nd week is going great its going faster than 1st week. Seeing how live calls are taken as well as general knowledge stuff listening skills, question skills etc basically how to talk to a customer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sssun)
    No just working on the theory that like most places you work " a week in hand". Someone on this thread confirmed you could see your pay online a week before you get paid, that would work along the line of what I think
    Yeah supposedly that was what was mentioned that should be able to see wage slip before get the wage in our bank account.

ReputationRep:
    no thank god its closer than other office and nicer
    Oh good

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved email from hmrc gt formal offer for dates 8th or 23nd may or 5th and 19th June may take the later 1 could fit in a nice holiday before sratrting 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Just recieved email from hmrc gt formal offer for dates 8th or 23nd may or 5th and 19th June may take the later 1 could fit in a nice holiday before sratrting 😂
    Woop yh go on holiday lol.im at the other office now at intetchange they changed it yestaday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Did it say which department u r in however i think the date u choose will indicate what department u in.8may will be personal tax

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has started have they mentioned loans for travel season tickets? Oh and what's the food like in the canteen? Ha

ReputationRep:
    Did it say which department u r in however i think the date u choose will indicate what department u in.8may will be personal tax
    No mention of dept gonna go for the 5th June start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Well done! Get yourself on holiday!

ReputationRep:
    If you go into the HMRC portal it should give you a clue to what work stream you are going to be in. I.e. Mine says 044RPEC PT (PT meaning personal tax) That's fits with what I have been told my role is as a personal tax customer consultant. Just an FYI. 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    If you go into the HMRC portal it should give you a clue to what work stream you are going to be in. I.e. Mine says 044RPEC PT (PT meaning personal tax) That's fits with what I have been told my role is as a personal tax customer consultant. Just an FYI. 😊
    Mine mentioned PT too, but I ended up being offered a role in debt management 🤔

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.