Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladynevertells)
    Glad to hear it went well! Sorry you're not being paid. Bet you're tired. I had to defer my start date until 15 May as I now have surgery on 8th ( nothing serious but I was waiting for it) gives me n extra week off! 😂😂😂😂 good luck tomorrow 😊
    hey and its alright i still have pay from my old job so I'll be good just want to get my details on the system and ah really guess you'll need the rest after the surgery hoping it goes well use that time to chill and watch tv haha and thanks I enjoyed yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fontaine1990)
    hey and its alright i still have pay from my old job so I'll be good just want to get my details on the system and ah really guess you'll need the rest after the surgery hoping it goes well use that time to chill and watch tv haha and thanks I enjoyed yesterday
    Thank you, enjoy today x

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved email saying thank u for accepting ur formal offer hmrc will contact u regarding next step lol is there more??

ReputationRep:
    Ahh this whole process has dragged on for far too long. Received my provisional offer on the 27th of March, finished everything else that was required by the 10th of April and yet still no offer.

ReputationRep:
    How long do the pre employment checks take after you have sent them the relevant info needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie0122)
    How long do the pre employment checks take after you have sent them the relevant info needed
    It took almost a month in my case...its quite lengthy process but after long wait u will have something good to hear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Just recieved email saying thank u for accepting ur formal offer hmrc will contact u regarding next step lol is there more??
    You get nothing else. The should be a name in the email who you report to and the time to be there

ReputationRep:
    You get nothing else. The should be a name in the email who you report to and the time to be there
    Yeah got that info in an email

ReputationRep:
    Doh, I just got my pre-check forms, and on the health questionnaire it's asking about disciplinary and time taken off work. Last year I had to have a major operation on my leg, and my current employer gave me a verbal warning for absence, even though this was the only absence I had on record while working there and I had a doctor's note saying "Post Operative Recovery"

Is this going to just torpedo my offer now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve8)
    Doh, I just got my pre-check forms, and on the health questionnaire it's asking about disciplinary and time taken off work. Last year I had to have a major operation on my leg, and my current employer gave me a verbal warning for absence, even though this was the only absence I had on record while working there and I had a doctor's note saying "Post Operative Recovery"

Is this going to just torpedo my offer now?
    I would be as honest as possible as they are very in depth

ReputationRep:
    I would be as honest as possible as they are very in depth
    I've erred on the side of caution and just told them anyway -- honesty being the best policy, and all that.

Although, I've been told by our HR team that they never answer requests about that anyway. They rigidly only supply information about employment dates and salary, regardless of who is requesting the information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve8)
    I've erred on the side of caution and just told them anyway -- honesty being the best policy, and all that.

Although, I've been told by our HR team that they never answer requests about that anyway. They rigidly only supply information about employment dates and salary, regardless of who is requesting the information.
    Exactly, good luck 😉

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, good luck 😉
    Failing that, I'll legally change my name to John and try again, only this time lying profusely. No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisajazz)
    Im personal tax which is giving refunds.tax returecttax credits ect and debt management will be i guess dealing with people who are in debt and owe government tax ect
    I am in personal tax aswell recieved email today location has been changed to the one near interchange 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    I am in personal tax aswell recieved email today location has been changed to the one near interchange 😂
    I got an email moving me 2 effing miles away!! Waaaaah

ReputationRep:
    I got an email moving me 2 effing miles away!! Waaaaah
    Seriously

ReputationRep:
    I received provisional offer 2 weeks ago.yesterday a lady called from manpower concerning my pre employment checks. She asked which type of right to work do i have. I answered that i am on a spousal visa and that at the minute my stuff are at home office for visa extension bcos the 2.5years i was given expired early april .she asked if i know when my visa wl come through, i replied that it should be in in 5weeks time.
    She said she couldn't progress my pre employment checks and that somebody will contact me.
    Does anyone know the possible outcome of my situation?Will they withdraw my offer or wait for my visa to come thru.
    Iv emailed manpower corresponce from home office anyway.

Am so worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belkab2000)
    I received provisional offer 2 weeks ago.yesterday a lady called from manpower concerning my pre employment checks. She asked which type of right to work do i have. I answered that i am on a spousal visa and that at the minute my stuff are at home office for visa extension bcos the 2.5years i was given expired early april .she asked if i know when my visa wl come through, i replied that it should be in in 5weeks time.
    She said she couldn't progress my pre employment checks and that somebody will contact me.
    Does anyone know the possible outcome of my situation?Will they withdraw my offer or wait for my visa to come thru.

Am so worried.
    I guess you would just have to wait and see what they say first but I wouldn't imagine they would withdraw your application unless you do not provide them with the visa in 5weeks time. Fingers crossed they don't. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belkab2000)

Am so worried.
    I'm sure they would be okay wiv that they made u wait a long tym so I gather they wont mind waiting for 5 more weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nas08)
    Seriously
    Yep 😕

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.